MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Mock Timetable vs. Assigned Timetable Theashe First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-11-2010 01:57 PM
Engineering 1 Mock timetable REVIEW sangyeub First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 07-28-2010 09:55 PM
Mock Timetable Review? (Engineering I) Theashe First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 07-21-2010 11:22 PM
Help with making Mock timetable for Engineering I Zachary First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 07-18-2010 03:46 PM
Another mock timetable... oranges First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 06-07-2010 02:44 PM

Mock Engineering Timetable

Old 06-24-2010 at 11:47 PM   #1
zaza126

Liked: 0 Times

Mock Engineering Timetable
Hey guys im going into engineering next year and have created a mock timetable and id appreciate any advice on profs or other changes that i should make
Oh and im still missing the Engineering 1A00 course cause the details for it were tba
Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: xls Mock Timetable.xls (31.5 KB, 95 views)
Old 06-24-2010 at 11:52 PM   #2
Ender

Liked: 30 Times

The Engineering 1A00 course is an online quiz that takes less than an hour so it wont be on your final timetable either unless they have changed things this upcoming year of course.
Taking a look at your professors I've been taught by all except Dr. Holmes (whom I've heard is an awesome professor for econ) and Dr. Kleiman (haven't heard of him). All are very good especially Dr. McLean and Dr. Zurob. Made some good choices although I'm not sure there were many option to begin with anyways. Anyways your timetable looks good imo. Welcome and congrats on getting into engineering!

Last edited by Ender : 06-25-2010 at 12:00 AM.
Old 06-25-2010 at 12:12 AM   #3
khaotic

Liked: 18 Times

Some advice...

Try to not put your physics and lab tutorials in the morning. Also if I'm not mistaken the labs and tutorial for physics take place at the same time. For example if you have a physics lab on friday at 2:30, then the next week you will have a tutorial instead of a lab friday at 2:30. So you can't really have your tutorial/lab for physics on different day. When you go into Solar you'll find that out.

But yea my only advice is to avoid having tutorials or labs in the morning. It really kills to have a lab 8:30 in the morning when you're super tired.
Old 06-25-2010 at 01:56 AM   #4
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaotic View Post
Some advice...

Try to not put your physics and lab tutorials in the morning. Also if I'm not mistaken the labs and tutorial for physics take place at the same time. For example if you have a physics lab on friday at 2:30, then the next week you will have a tutorial instead of a lab friday at 2:30. So you can't really have your tutorial/lab for physics on different day. When you go into Solar you'll find that out.

But yea my only advice is to avoid having tutorials or labs in the morning. It really kills to have a lab 8:30 in the morning when you're super tired.
You are correct about the labs/tutorials, on both accounts. Morning labs blow. Try to keep them off of Fridays/Thursdays, that's when--at least in my 1st year-- all the midterms were. Lab followed by a midterm sucks.

Old 06-25-2010 at 04:06 PM   #5
sangyeub

I am also Engineering 1 student.
I see only one elective.. Dont we have to take 2 electives?
Old 06-25-2010 at 04:11 PM   #6
eullwm
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangyeub View Post
You really don't even need to take any in your first year. You have to take the electives at some point before you graduate, but you could do them in summer school, 2nd year, etc.

Old 06-25-2010 at 04:22 PM   #7
sangyeub

Quote:
Originally Posted by eullwm View Post
You really don't even need to take any in your first year. You have to take the electives at some point before you graduate, but you could do them in summer school, 2nd year, etc.
In my admission booklet, It says we have to take 31 require units and 6 elective units to go Engineering 2. So u mean we dont have to take 6 elective units to go second year?
Old 06-25-2010 at 04:32 PM   #8
eullwm
Elite Member

Quote:
In my admission booklet, It says we have to take 31 require units and 6 elective units to go Engineering 2. So u mean we dont have to take 6 elective units to go second year?
I don't know for sure. I know people who have done LEAP and had less than the 31 required units (since they did 1C03 and 1P03 in the summer prior) and they obviously got into 2nd year. If somebody else could confirm/deny for me as to the electives I'd appreciate it, but my inclination is that the electives can be completed later on.

Old 06-27-2010 at 05:05 PM   #9
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

Quote:

You need 31 credits to go to level 2.

You need to finish the 6 credits before your last year of study.
Old 06-27-2010 at 11:10 PM   #10
sangyeub

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPack View Post
You need 31 credits to go to level 2.

You need to finish the 6 credits before your last year of study.
So you mean before graduate school? not before level 2
Old 06-28-2010 at 12:15 AM   #11
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

yeah so before year 4/5 whatever it may be in your case
Old 06-28-2010 at 12:16 AM   #12
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

but since its level 1 courses, it better to get them done so your not wasting time in upper years
Old 06-28-2010 at 12:22 AM   #13
khaotic

Liked: 18 Times

For 2nd year program admission the number of units you take has an impact if you get admitted or not.

The original formula was something like:

Points = GPA * # of units

Where more points means higher chance of you getting into your 2nd year program. I thought I would let you guys know, since I remember there were a lot of people who regretted doing courses in summer school. Personally I don't think it makes a difference if you don't have the full 37 units as long as you try hard and get good grades. Just some info for you all.

And having the 2 electives isn't that bad! Might as well finish all the required units you need so you don't have more to worry about later on!
Old 06-28-2010 at 06:26 AM   #14
Maitland

Liked: 34 Times

Dr. Kleiman taught me quantum mechanics last year and he was a pretty good prof. He was a smart guy who liked what he was doing and was always willing to help. Only downside is that he had nothing in the way of a course website, so if you didn't go to lecture to pick up and hand things in you were behind the ball. Dr. Holmes is good, the podcasts on her website are almost good enough to replace lecture completely.
Old 07-16-2010 at 12:36 PM   #15
amitoj

Liked: 15 Times

When a level eng 1 student chooses the discipline he/she wants to pursue in level 2, they pick their top choices (I think). Do most students get their 1st pick? And does anyone know how much percent or gpa i required to get into Mechatronic, and Electrical? Thanks guys.