MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Mock Timetable vs. Assigned Timetable Theashe First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-11-2010 01:57 PM
Help, can anyone check my mock timetable, please ! ruby101 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 07-16-2010 09:16 PM
Mock timetable... Advice Please! kgrun First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-24-2010 07:19 PM
Another mock timetable... oranges First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 06-07-2010 02:44 PM
How To Make A Mock Timetable feonateresa ARCHIVES 8 08-23-2009 02:05 PM

Mock Timetable

Old 06-11-2010 at 10:09 AM   #31
kunaltandan
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 4 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by vp15 View Post
Oh okay i understand it now. One question are u allowed to attend tutorials even if you aren't taking the course. For instance, if I wanted to attend the tutorials for the university courses they have for students who didn't take physics or calculus, etc, can I attend those even if I am not enrolled in that course just for review?
Yup, as long as they don't have a roll-call sheet. If they do, then they'll ask you for a confirmation for being in the tutorial, but if they don't, then go for it! Milk Mac as much as you can xD!
Old 06-11-2010 at 10:10 AM   #32
kunaltandan
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vp15 View Post
What are science majors one can do other than Life Science, and the main sciences? If I do physics 1B03 in the summer wouldn't that satisfy the requirement of fulfilling it before end of second year?
Yes it will!

There are a lot of science majors: http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...nt/pg1466.html
Old 06-23-2010 at 06:37 PM   #33
akstylah

Liked: 1 Time

So when making the mock sched. can we still schedule our labs/tutorials? Because Calc for Life Science has a tutorial, and if you don't schedule it how else would you figure out how much space you have to fit in the various labs and other courses?
Old 06-23-2010 at 08:36 PM   #34
meena101

avoiiid big breaks !
Old 06-23-2010 at 08:36 PM   #35
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
So when making the mock sched. can we still schedule our labs/tutorials? Because Calc for Life Science has a tutorial, and if you don't schedule it how else would you figure out how much space you have to fit in the various labs and other courses?

You just sign up for your courses (not labs/tutorials) when you register on SOLAR. Then, they make a timetable for you (that is released in August) that schedules your labs and tutorials so they (hopefully) don't conflict. Generally for first year courses, there are so many lab/tutorial sections that it won't be a problem. If one of your courses has only 1-2 tutorial sections, there's enough flexibility in the others to work around it.
Old 06-23-2010 at 09:28 PM   #36
ayim

Liked: 0 Times

Timetable
Hey,

I was just doing a mock timetable too. I was wondering if it is "normal" to have courses one after another with only 10min. break between. I have many courses that run, for example: 8:30-9:20 then immediately 9:30 - 10:30 . Should I try to change it to another time or is this common ????? because, frankly, I don't have much to choose cause my program has several specific courses that only run in one time slot.
Old 06-23-2010 at 09:30 PM   #37
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

yeah, it's normal...lots of people prefer to have courses back to back like this, instead of having many 1hr breaks. It's only a potential problem if you have 4+ courses like this, or classes that are opposite ends of campus (like, kth-abb).
Old 06-23-2010 at 09:31 PM   #38
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayim View Post
Hey,

I was just doing a mock timetable too. I was wondering if it is "normal" to have courses one after another with only 10min. break between. I have many courses that run, for example: 8:30-9:20 then immediately 9:30 - 10:30 . Should I try to change it to another time or is this common ????? because, frankly, I don't have much to choose cause my program has several specific courses that only run in one time slot.
Yeah that's normal, you'll have plenty of time to get to your classes.
Old 06-23-2010 at 11:34 PM   #39
ayim

Liked: 0 Times

Thanks,

They really expect me to run around.

I have half the campus to run across in 10min. everyday . nice~
Old 06-24-2010 at 10:10 AM   #40
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayim View Post
Thanks,

They really expect me to run around.

I have half the campus to run across in 10min. everyday . nice~
It takes about 10 minutes to walk across the entire campus for the normal person.