MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting feedback Chad Computers & Tech 6 04-01-2010 12:22 AM
Need more website feedback :P blackdragon General Discussion 3 08-10-2009 05:12 PM
MacInsiders looking for feedback Chad MacInsiders Announcements 16 05-22-2008 07:45 AM

MODERATION discussion + MI community improvement feedback

Old 10-12-2010 at 07:13 PM   #1
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

MODERATION discussion + MI community improvement feedback
The deletion of posts is what is causing this problem:

http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...7.html?t=33557

If mods feel posts are inappropriate, then the best thing to do is edit the posts rather than delete them, deleting them is what causes the super annoying forum glitch. Mods can alternatively stop being so righteous and pure, and just leave every post the way it is.
Old 10-12-2010 at 07:16 PM   #2
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

I also feel that I should be made a moderator for bringing this issue to light and attempting to remedy the situation unlike the current useless mods who seem to not care about problems this forum has and only seem to be hurting the forum.
Old 10-12-2010 at 07:22 PM   #3
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

Rofl your truly are a funny little troll...you being a mod?

collinbf, ViktorVaughn like this.
Old 10-12-2010 at 07:23 PM   #4
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

1) Posts must have some form of salvageable content for us to edit it. If the whole post is against the terms of service, there isn't much point in editing.

2) We would very much prefer if we didn't have to delete posts. However, the only way that is going to happen is if people tone it down with breaking the code of conduct. We're trying not to be super strict, but the code of conduct is there for a reason. If you're making personal attacks against other posters, blatantly flaming, etc. the post is going to be deleted.

3) If you would like to become a moderator, the best way is to be continuously respectful and helpful while posting. Your posts in the past might be a bit of a hindrance though.

Chad, ~*Sara*~ all say thanks to Marlowe for this post.
Old 10-12-2010 at 07:25 PM   #5
ViktorVaughn

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
I also feel that I should be made a moderator

Last edited by ViktorVaughn : 10-12-2010 at 07:28 PM. Reason: bloodywarz said it first

Ish001 likes this.
Old 10-12-2010 at 07:31 PM   #6
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
1) Posts must have some form of salvageable content for us to edit it. If the whole post is against the terms of service, there isn't much point in editing.

2) We would very much prefer if we didn't have to delete posts. However, the only way that is going to happen is if people tone it down with breaking the code of conduct. We're trying not to be super strict, but the code of conduct is there for a reason. If you're making personal attacks against other posters, blatantly flaming, etc. the post is going to be deleted.

3) If you would like to become a moderator, the best way is to be continuously respectful and helpful while posting. Your posts in the past might be a bit of a hindrance though.
1) There is a point in editing in that it will stop this forum glitch from happening. Just put "Edited by Moderator" instead of deleting the post and causing the forum glitch. Just look at this thread: http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...e-34309p6.html
Currently I have the last post in this thread, but you can't see it, there are also about 5 posts before it which you also can't see (yet), the latest post you can see in that thread at the time of this post is by Desda which reads "My best friend is brown." The reason this glitch happened is because a moderator deleted posts in that thread.

2) Moderating here is very biased, if I were to go through certain posters' posts from last week, I could probably point out 10 cases where if I had said the same thing they would have been deleted.

3) This thread is more helpful than anything most Macinsiders moderators have done.

Last edited by Souldier : 10-12-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-12-2010 at 07:35 PM   #7
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodywarz View Post
Rofl you're truly are a funny little troll...you being a mod?
Fixed that for you. See, I would be a great moderator.
Old 10-12-2010 at 07:39 PM   #8
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

hi im beautiful
Old 10-12-2010 at 07:50 PM   #9
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

^ Relax, HS.
Old 10-12-2010 at 07:53 PM   #10
Rakim
Account Locked

HS?

Cool story bro
Old 10-12-2010 at 07:54 PM   #11
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
Fixed that for you. See, I would be a great moderator.
oh thank you so much :o i guess correcting my grammar makes up for all the shitting on people and racist things that you been saying...yup amazing mod
Old 10-12-2010 at 07:57 PM   #12
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodywarz View Post
oh thank you so much :o i guess correcting my grammar makes up for all the shitting on people and racist things that you been saying...yup amazing mod
When have I said a single racist thing? I've been staunchly advocating against racism on these forums.
Old 10-12-2010 at 07:59 PM   #13
Rakim
Account Locked

Souldier I think you're awesome.
Old 10-12-2010 at 08:02 PM   #14
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Budden View Post
Souldier I think you're awesome.
Thanks, I think I'm awesome too.

Rakim says thanks to Souldier for this post.
Old 10-12-2010 at 08:12 PM   #15
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

The code of conduct is there for a reason. You need to be helpful and respectfully state your opinion while accepting that others may not hold the same point of view that you do. The moderators are appointed for that reason and with their history of helpful contribution and enhancing the discussion WITHOUT offending or personally attacking anyone. And by observing the past few weeks, you have not been abiding by these rules or the code of conduct. I'm sorry if you don't like the way it's run, but this is not some random internet forum, this is meant to help those with questions and get all Mac students together. And this policy will not change, so I would suggest abiding by the rules and you will not see any posts deleted. This also applies to everyone who has had their posts deleted.
For reference, the code of conduct is here: http://www.macinsiders.com/forums.php?page=condu ct