Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brutal Mondays.... jordan19 Academics 28 08-18-2010 07:31 AM

mondays/fridays off

Old 03-14-2010 at 09:09 PM   #16
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

It's not that hard... Move around your timetable.
Or, go to sections that are "filled" anyways.

I had fridays off in first year. Was pretty sweet.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 03-14-2010 at 09:10 PM   #17
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Somehow I managed Thursdays and Fridays off last term. My Mondays and Wednesdays were awful as a consequence...

This semester I have Thursdays off and 9 hours of class between 10:30am-10pm on Wednesdays.

I'd honestly rather thave 2-4 hours of class a day, five days a week. Then I can actually be productive.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 03-14-2010 at 09:13 PM   #18
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

If i had a weekday off, i would probably just do what i do on weekends, absolutely nothing whatsoever.
Old 03-15-2010 at 10:23 AM   #19
Charbs

Liked: 33 Times

Im in first year nursing and have had Mondays and Fridays off all year so far... I have one 50 min class for psych on Mondays, but i commute half an hour so its pretty rare that I find it useful to travel for longer than I'll be int he class...when the actual lectures are up online... the rest of my days arent bad...tuesdays im in class at 830 and done at 630 but I have a 3 hour break in there.... wednesdays Im there 830 to 3:30 one week and then 8:30 to 2ish the next week... and thursdays I'm only there from 10:30 to 5:30

not bad....

but yeah, just depends on the program and the schedule you map out...
Old 03-15-2010 at 11:01 AM   #20
khaotic

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingénieur.xo View Post
If you're going into engineering or science then it's very unlikely that you'll be able to get a full day off.. the least I've ever had was 3 classes in a day.
1 class for one day

But ya when you go and make your timetable for 1st year you probably won't be able to get a whole day off. If you can then that means you have to kill yourself 1 or more days in the week. I came close to getting fridays off term 1 and term 2 this year, but it was always 1 or 2 classes that messed it up!
Old 03-15-2010 at 01:24 PM   #21
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
You must qualify in one of the following conditions to do that:
a) You're only here as a part-time student
b) You're a grad student
c) You're pursuing an incredibly useless degree
d) Just skip on Mondays and Fridays

sniderj likes this.
Old 03-15-2010 at 02:15 PM   #22
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtt View Post
I have to disagree with most of the posts in this thread. I am not a part-time student, I am not a grad student, and I am not pursuing an incredibly useless degree (unless you would classify Life Sci as an incredibly useless degree), yet I have managed to get Fridays off for one term each year. I actually think that it is easier to get a day off in first year because you can choose between 2-3 core lectures. You just need to choose your electives carefully and spend a lot of time organizing your classes.
Far be it from me to call Life Sci a "useless degree" (I probably would have expressed it differently) but right here in this post you've expressed what, I assume, Dillon was getting at.

You must "choose your electives carefully (since getting a day off is your priority)." So in essence, with this motive, one must be willing to sacrifice taking the electives you want/need to compactify your schedule.

Of course this isn't always the case, but probabilistically I'm willing to wager you took at least one or two courses you hated/weren't practical if you've managed this once per year. And almost everyone I knew of who bragged about having a light schedule took courses for no reason besides "because I won't have class on Thursday" without specific regard for the course material.

I'm not making any accusations here, I'm not saying anything negative about your degree or course choice...but there are 5 days of courses for a reason.

Either that or you're in a specialized program that gives a day or two off to everyone (for say, practicuum).