MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Workstudy and Mosaic Nelumbo Financial Aid 1 06-28-2015 10:47 PM
Mosaic Help! jo.mary Academics 1 06-08-2015 04:11 PM
Mosaic..... GeorgeLucas General Discussion 39 05-14-2015 11:38 PM
Mosaic Torture parkm24 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 05-04-2015 12:39 PM
How many people are usually enrolled in a "limited enrollement program"? raine Academics 3 02-11-2009 07:16 PM

Mosaic enrollement problems

Old 06-09-2015 at 09:12 AM   #1
Marvelous

Liked: 0 Times

Mosaic enrollement problems
Hello, I am a third-year returning student and this new Mosaic system is quite, well, tedious thing. Here are some questions that bother me at this moment:

1. When I clicked the Open Enrollment Dates, and went for Fall 2015 section, the dates they gave me were July 5 till October 23 and December 8 (interestingly enough, I was told that third-year courses will be available on June 15th). Is there some mix-up or is it how it's supposed to be? If yes, does that mean I should start applying for my classes, well, during July?

2. I was looking to add classes to my cart. Is it yet possible in regards to the above information? Also, while adding, it asked for course Nbr, what am I supposed to put there? Where should I look for this information?

I might have more questions later...

Thank you for your time
Old 06-09-2015 at 10:35 AM   #2
roxanne.av

From what I know, July 5th is the open access date for all levels to apply for courses. After each level is done the initial course picking in their allotted time, you can't go back on to choose courses for a few days, then they open it up to everyone -- same as SOLAR. So I think they might just be behind in releasing the dates or there's a glitch.

As for course number, don't worry about it. Just go through 'class search' and then click 'select subject' and go from there. Once you see one of the courses on there, you'll notice beside the course code a course number, not something you'd expect to know off the top of your head.
Old 06-09-2015 at 07:29 PM   #3
Neon14

Liked: 2 Times

To add more confusion: Some courses I've looked at don't have any info posted yet.. or maybe they're just not offered? For example, Math 2A03 has no sections listed for fall or winter terms. Same thing for phys 1BB3. Does anyone know what this problem is, if it even is one? Maybe they just haven't been updated on Mosaic
Old 06-09-2015 at 11:17 PM   #4
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

Math 2A03 has been discontinued and replaced with 2X03. Physics 1BB3 has been discontinued and replaced with 1AA3

Neon14 says thanks to Imperious for this post.
Old 06-10-2015 at 07:11 AM   #5
Neon14

Liked: 2 Times

They have the same time slot on the same day!
Old 06-10-2015 at 03:47 PM   #6
Imperious

Ya i was so excited to take Math 2A03 and then I found out they replaced it with 2X03. Then I found out it conflicted with my mandatory course <- Those are my tears
Old 06-11-2015 at 07:56 AM   #7
amyarthur

How do you figure out if a class has been replaced with a different code?
Old 06-11-2015 at 02:13 PM   #8
Imperious

If you look through the undergraduate calendar's course listings for 2014-2015 and then compare it to that of 2015-2016 you may notice that a course has disappeared. Then you can check all similar courses at that level in the current listing and see which course lists the disappeared course as an antirequisite