MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Question Regarding Bunk and Loft Swampis Residence & Housing 1 09-01-2011 03:34 PM
A materials question and a chem question. (course stuff) Zimonada First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 03-05-2011 12:20 AM
Graduate school admission question (easy question) Mac12 Academics 3 09-30-2008 06:27 PM

the most hated question

Old 03-05-2013 at 09:02 PM   #16
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

There was absolutely nothing offensive about starfish's first post. Its oversensitive reactions like that, that need to be ignored on here. He gave a good answer to the original question and provided good examples to support his points.
Nothing offensive at all
Old 03-05-2013 at 09:03 PM   #17
Ponyo

Liked: 274 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
offending? stars initial post was like a neutral post in my eyes >_> and i dont see anything in that post that could count as offendin
in my opinion it was (offending/harsh),
i'm not gonna set here and explain why
everyone has their own opinions and interprets things differently . what matters is that i understood something new from a different perspective !

starfish likes this.
Old 03-05-2013 at 09:06 PM   #18
Ponyo

omg i post one thing i get ppl nagging on me -.-

Chris23 you are going off topic.
one person pointed it out no need for more to repeat it
Old 03-05-2013 at 09:22 PM   #19
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Lol wow so much controversy

It's okay, I have a bit of a sarcastic? way of speaking, and it doesn't always come across properly in writing...especially in posts that I write quickly. (I wrote the first one on my lunch and didn't have much time ) I'm starting to think I should put a disclaimer in my signature or something...though I'm not sure sarcastic is exactly the right word.

Glad the second post helped to clarify.

In an effort to add something on-topic...
If you ever do need to miss a test or an assignment or anything for the rest of the term, they'll still have you fill out an MSAF form, but this time it will require some form of documentation...the processes are still pretty similar though.
Old 03-05-2013 at 09:24 PM   #20
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

eh i did point it out but i wanted to know why you perceived that most like that just out of curiosity. just how you say something from a different perspective from the posts in this thread, i wanted to see things from the different perspective regardin that post you found offensive. i wanna understand something new just as u did.
Old 03-05-2013 at 10:42 PM   #21
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by phavalan View Post
1.5% can make a HUGE difference in the long run. It could be the difference between a 9 and a 10 in the course, which on a 4.0 scale is 3.3 vs. 3.7.
I ended up getting a 6 in a course (way worst than a 3.3 on the 4.0) and still managed to get into many professional schools. 4.0 scale != long run. Most of my classmates can't even remember what their cGPAs or MCAT scores were. Freaking out over small percentages like that just creates unnecessary stress and anxiety for people.

Quote:
It's okay, I have a bit of a sarcastic? way of speaking, and it doesn't always come across properly in writing...especially in posts that I write quickly.

I find that when things are put bluntly and are contrary to what people are expecting, they're typically taken the wrong way. :p

Old 03-05-2013 at 11:26 PM   #22
Chris23
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyo View Post
omg i post one thing i get ppl nagging on me -.-

Chris23 you are going off topic.
one person pointed it out no need for more to repeat it
haha if you checked when the posts were made, his went up as i was writing mine, so i cant help that it didnt appear on my screen til after i posted my response.
No one is nagging, dont go getting all testy on us
sorry, forgot the
Old 03-06-2013 at 12:00 AM   #23
Ponyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
eh i did point it out but i wanted to know why you perceived that most like that just out of curiosity. just how you say something from a different perspective from the posts in this thread, i wanted to see things from the different perspective regardin that post you found offensive. i wanna understand something new just as u did.
oh okay it just seemed like starfish was telling me what to do and that annoyed me :/ i know he/she didn't mean it in a harsh away ( i hope so ) im just easily annoyed b/c of my midterms , so stressed out >.<
Old 03-06-2013 at 12:03 AM   #24
Ponyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
haha if you checked when the posts were made, his went up as i was writing mine, so i cant help that it didnt appear on my screen til after i posted my response.
No one is nagging, dont go getting all testy on us
sorry, forgot the
oh okay and yea i've been noticing these " :p " all over
maybe your overusing them just a little
i didn't think youd take my advice that seriously haha
Old 03-06-2013 at 07:48 AM   #25
starfish
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lois View Post
I ended up getting a 6 in a course (way worst than a 3.3 on the 4.0) and still managed to get into many professional schools. 4.0 scale != long run. Most of my classmates can't even remember what their cGPAs or MCAT scores were. Freaking out over small percentages like that just creates unnecessary stress and anxiety for people.

I find that when things are put bluntly and are contrary to what people are expecting, they're typically taken the wrong way. :p
[/color]
Blunt, that's a good way of putting it

And yes, I've gotten a 6 and a few 7's/8's, but it didn't really hurt me. There's things like scholarships that were affected, but in the long run, no effect at all

Quote:
oh okay it just seemed like starfish was telling me what to do and that annoyed me :/ i know he/she didn't mean it in a harsh away ( i hope so ) im just easily annoyed b/c of my midterms , so stressed out >.<
I think a lot of people are Someone posted that people on here too sensitive...but when you're stressed out and already in a bad mood, you're probably going to interpret things differently (and not in a positive way).
It wasn't intended to be telling you what to do though. It was just a response to you saying that people questioning your decision was making you worry and you wanted everyone to stop doing that.
Old 03-06-2013 at 10:36 AM   #26
Chris23
Account Locked

Quote:
oh okay and yea i've been noticing these " :p " all over
maybe your overusing them just a little
i didn't think youd take my advice that seriously haha
haha just a bit of mild mannered trolling. but since its been called out, i think that joke has run its course

Ponyo likes this.
Old 03-06-2013 at 03:34 PM   #27
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

Two words for OP:
Time management.

jim1, Ponyo like this.
Old 03-06-2013 at 05:50 PM   #28
Ponyo

Zebedee no -.- i just need more hours in the day that's it
how can i quote more than one comment in one post so i don't reply to each post individually ?
Old 03-06-2013 at 05:51 PM   #29
starfish
Elite Member

Quote:
Zebedee no -.- i just need more hours in the day that's it
how can i quote more than one comment in one post so i don't reply to each post individually ?
Press "multi" for each post you want to quote, and then hit "reply".

Ponyo says thanks to starfish for this post.