MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Moulton - Introductions thread Chad Moulton Hall Forum 116 08-29-2011 10:03 PM
anyone lived in a single room in moulton before? macbaby07 Moulton Hall Forum 13 07-07-2010 10:28 AM
Moulton hall to Life Science building... ishk33 Moulton Hall Forum 8 08-14-2009 06:21 PM
Moulton '08 Chad Moulton Hall Forum 91 08-21-2008 08:26 AM
Moulton Hall '07 lorend Moulton Hall Forum 26 08-10-2007 07:10 PM

Moulton Hall '09

Old 06-29-2009 at 01:51 PM   #16
Cristina_n13

Liked: 23 Times

You're provided with a fridge because you have a triple room. You can get your own fridge too if you want... there isn't too much space but if you push the closet of the loft bed a bit you can fit it behind it
The storage space is already divided, you can negoitate with your roommates for space though, or you can keep what you've already been assigned.
Bed A & B get the following: 1 Large (pretty much walk-in) closet, 3 drawers under there bed, 3 drawers by the closet, 1 large drawer up above the closet. 2 shelves under the desk, A book shelf above the desk (mounted on the wall) with 2 shelves. . Bed A also gets a small thin closet thing (I used it to put wet towels so they'd dry) as well as a little thing above the bed where you can put an alarm clock/smaller books etc...

Bed C gets: A captain's drawer by the bed, 6 drawers by the shelf, 2 large closet/drawers above the normal closet (larger than A & B's). A divider on the desk, 3 drawers under the desk, and little thing above the bed where you can put an alarm clock/smaller books etc...

~*Sara*~ says thanks to Cristina_n13 for this post.
Old 06-29-2009 at 01:59 PM   #17
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Awesome! Thanks so much Cristina. As much as I wish I got the loft.. It's okay though. Also, do people normally switch the top/bottom bunks.. or is it written in stone type of thing ?
Old 06-29-2009 at 02:04 PM   #18
Cristina_n13

Within the room nothing is written in stone (apart from basic rules like no doing bad things that are against the law & such).. the thing is if you want something bring it up. My roommate and I were reminiscing at the end of the year.. and I was like "I had this fear of falling off my bed and really wanted the bottom bunk.. but now I love the top bunk" then she goes "oh man, I really wanted the top bunk, I was scared that like the bed was unstable and might collapse on me" so really we could've switched to get what we wanted... if we talked about it at the beginning of the year.
Old 06-29-2009 at 02:04 PM   #19
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara_h216 View Post
Awesome! Thanks so much Cristina. As much as I wish I got the loft.. It's okay though. Also, do people normally switch the top/bottom bunks.. or is it written in stone type of thing ?
I think you can switch beds if you want. I don't see a problem with that. However, you can't switch desks because that's where your phone is and if anyone makes long distance calls from your phone, you'll have to pay for it. So it's important to use your own phone if you are calling Long Distance. You also have to activate it.

I however suggest to use calling cards or xpress call (www.xpresscall.com). It's a lot cheaper. Plus you can use it from any phone.
Old 06-29-2009 at 02:08 PM   #20
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Oh! Thanks for pointing that out Jeremy. Are the phones labelled or something? Or how do we find out .. sorry if any of these are stupid questions.. I just have never been to the campus or on a tour
Old 06-29-2009 at 02:10 PM   #21
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Oh! Thanks for pointing that out Jeremy. Are the phones labelled or something? Or how do we find out .. sorry if any of these are stupid questions.. I just have never been to the campus or on a tour
Yeah, they are labeled.
Old 06-29-2009 at 02:11 PM   #22
Cristina_n13

Quote:
Phones are labeled
If you can make it August 8th (Welcome Day) you'll get the gist of what your room looks like if you visit Moulton =]
Old 06-29-2009 at 02:12 PM   #23
anubhagat
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

i beleive phones are labelled, if not with letters A,B, or C, then at least with your extension.

speaking of phone calls... if any of you are from toronto or the (416) area, there is a company called ZeroCents (www,zerocents.ca)

anyone from toronto can call the number (416) 644-3733 , listen to a short advertisement, and call a whole list of locations within canada for free, its great for parents to call you.

Cristina_n13, ~*Sara*~ all say thanks to anubhagat for this post.
Old 06-29-2009 at 02:14 PM   #24
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubhagat View Post
i beleive phones are labelled, if not with letters A,B, or C, then at least with your extension.

speaking of phone calls... if any of you are from toronto or the (416) area, there is a company called ZeroCents (www,zerocents.ca)

anyone from toronto can call the number (416) 644-3733 , listen to a short advertisement, and call a whole list of locations within canada for free, its great for parents to call you.
Yeah, you can also call from different locations (But Hamilton isn't on, like mentioned in the quote you can call to Hamilton). By the way, you accidentally put a comma instead of a period in www.zerocents.ca
Old 06-29-2009 at 02:20 PM   #25
anubhagat
Account Disabled by User

thanks for catching that! yeah, its really too bad Hamilton isn't one of the locations you can make outgoing calls from!
Old 06-29-2009 at 02:23 PM   #26
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubhagat View Post
thanks for catching that! yeah, its really too bad Hamilton isn't one of the locations you can make outgoing calls from!
Yeah, but I use xpresscall to call my parents and then they call me back. I guess if your parents are "with the times", you can also send them a message via MSN or even text them.
Old 06-29-2009 at 02:40 PM   #27
anubhagat
Account Disabled by User

for anyone who wants to take a look at what the rooms look like there are some really good pictures in the "Moulton Hall 2008/2009" Facebook group!
Old 06-29-2009 at 02:44 PM   #28
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Thanks anubhagat! I'll be sure to check out the facebook link! THanks again!
Old 06-29-2009 at 05:49 PM   #29
lilpups

Liked: 0 Times

i'm gonna be on the first floor...waaat..... I like higher floors.. :( will it be too noisy?
and i jus found out that moulton has the first and basement reserved for ladiess!!!

woohooo close to food!!! which is awesome..

wanned to know about the washrooms? they single or stalls..
Old 06-29-2009 at 05:53 PM   #30
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

is it really the first and the basement? where'd you find out?