MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brandon Hall Introductions DMe3 Brandon Hall Forum 164 09-08-2012 12:05 PM
Wallingford Introductions! Nightfoot Wallingford Hall Forum 31 09-26-2010 01:42 PM
Moulton Hall '09 Chad Moulton Hall Forum 75 08-10-2009 12:35 PM
Moulton '08 Chad Moulton Hall Forum 91 08-21-2008 08:26 AM
Moulton Hall '07 lorend Moulton Hall Forum 26 08-10-2007 07:10 PM

Moulton - Introductions thread

Old 07-30-2010 at 07:25 PM   #76
Cirrhosis

Liked: 12 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPatel View Post
Hey Everyone
My name is Jinesh Patel. I am the House Program Advisor for Moulton 2010-2011.
Most of you have already figured out where you are living next year and I welcome you to Moulton Hall; it is going to be one great year starting with Welcome Week.
For those of you who have facebook, I'd like to mention the Moulton Hall 2010-2011 group so when you have a chance add yourself to the group. I will be monitoring the page quite often, so if you have any questions about the building or McMaster as a whole, post it there and I'd be happy to answer them for you.

Take care everyone...enjoy the rest of your summer and I will see you soon.
I heard Moulton Hall sucks. Is there any truth to that?
Old 07-30-2010 at 07:35 PM   #77
ayiri

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrhosis View Post
Haha. This will be my 3rd year in Moulton and i can honestly say ive had a good time.

Basically any res is what you make of it. If you wana believe that Moulton sucks and thus doom your own self to having a crappy time in Moulton, then go ahead. But if u decide u wana make it the best res evarrrr then band together with everyone and make it that way. Its all about the attitude.

bre.lang, mduchnik, p.lau like this.
Old 07-31-2010 at 09:20 AM   #78
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrhosis View Post
I suppose it's the people that make or break the res experience, not the building. Nonetheless I really wanted Keyes, lol. Or something with more room per person than a loft and bunk.
Old 07-31-2010 at 02:01 PM   #79
DarkHalo

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPatel View Post
Hey Everyone
My name is Jinesh Patel. I am the House Program Advisor for Moulton 2010-2011.
Most of you have already figured out where you are living next year and I welcome you to Moulton Hall; it is going to be one great year starting with Welcome Week.
For those of you who have facebook, I'd like to mention the Moulton Hall 2010-2011 group so when you have a chance add yourself to the group. I will be monitoring the page quite often, so if you have any questions about the building or McMaster as a whole, post it there and I'd be happy to answer them for you.

Take care everyone...enjoy the rest of your summer and I will see you soon.
There seem to be 2 FB groups, I can see which one you created, but you might want to get the other one deleted to clear up any confusion...
Old 08-01-2010 at 10:33 PM   #80
JPatel

Liked: 0 Times

Ayiri is totally on the ball. Thank you
Every building has its pros and cons, but ultimately its what you make of your university residence experience. You're entering university and experiencing everything for the first time. Give it some time, get to know others in the buildings and you will come to love Moulton.
Myself, yours community advisors, and your Hall IRC are all here to make your first year experience positive and one to remember. If you have any questions, please I urge you to ask them.

Old 08-06-2010 at 10:32 PM   #81
bre.lang

Liked: 5 Times

im in Moulton Hal, SUPER excited, cause my roommates seem really cool. cant wait to meet you guy! and party it up... i mean study it up

mduchnik likes this.
Old 08-07-2010 at 09:12 AM   #82
CourtneyF

Liked: 1 Time

Hey! So I just got back from welcome day and got to see good old moulton hall! I'm so excited now. My biggest advice is to bring a fan there is no air conditioning and it was HOT. I can't wait to see you all in september! we're going to make this a great rez!
Old 08-07-2010 at 11:15 AM   #83
Theashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyF View Post
Hey! So I just got back from welcome day and got to see good old moulton hall! I'm so excited now. My biggest advice is to bring a fan there is no air conditioning and it was HOT. I can't wait to see you all in september! we're going to make this a great rez!

I was there too, it was pretty grungy. At least the carpets will be replaced. The loft and bunk I saw reeked of mold and old building, and I'm hoping that was because of the carpets being ripped up and will be gone by the time we're there. Sketchy dim yellow lights FTL. D':

The room was so small, too. I think I'm gonna spend most of my time elsewhere. I wish they provided you some kind of wall mount for your fridge to keep it out of the way.

I wanna put a big box fan on the desk blowing out the window, fridge on the desk, and a TV on top of the fridge, so I can see it from up on the top bunk ( D: ). Gonna have to figure out a way to maximize space.

Why couldn't I have gotten Keyes?
Old 08-07-2010 at 03:40 PM   #84
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Remember, point the fan in during the night and out during the day.
Old 08-07-2010 at 03:50 PM   #85
ayiri

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theashe View Post

Why couldn't I have gotten Keyes?

Because you are destined for greatness in Moulton

x_hikari likes this.
Old 08-07-2010 at 05:11 PM   #86
x_hikari

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Remember, point the fan in during the night and out during the day.
okay this is probably going to sound really stupid
I was told this last year too but I have no idea what that's suppose to mean @[email protected]
I just had the fan on my desk with it moving side to side, covering the entire room, worked fine for me xP

are they replacing it with new carpet? or floorboards?
though I guess that's a stupid question too since floorboards are so expensive

lol are they replacing them because of the bed bug situation last year?

and are they replacing the mattresses??? They said they would do that last year during the bed bug thing but they never did!!!
Old 08-07-2010 at 07:01 PM   #87
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_hikari View Post
I was told this last year too but I have no idea what that's suppose to mean @[email protected]
I just had the fan on my desk with it moving side to side, covering the entire room, worked fine for me xP
When you point the fan out during the day, it forces the air outside the window. Then you point the fan in during the night, it pulls the cool air unto the room.

x_hikari says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-07-2010 at 07:25 PM   #88
Kat10

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_hikari View Post

are they replacing it with new carpet? or floorboards?
though I guess that's a stupid question too since floorboards are so expensive

lol are they replacing them because of the bed bug situation last year?

and are they replacing the mattresses??? They said they would do that last year during the bed bug thing but they never did!!!

Yeh, they're replacing the mattresses because my room had no mattresses on any of the beds and there was a huge pile of mattresses in the common room in the basement. I have a quad room in the basement, it has huge so much space but lacks a lot of storage. So excited to move in and meet everyone!!!
Old 08-08-2010 at 11:50 AM   #89
Theashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayiri View Post
Because you are destined for greatness in Moulton
Do you think they'll get different lighting in there sometime soon? Murky yellow doesn't do me well lol.
Old 08-08-2010 at 11:51 AM   #90
Theashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat10 View Post
Yeh, they're replacing the mattresses because my room had no mattresses on any of the beds and there was a huge pile of mattresses in the common room in the basement. I have a quad room in the basement, it has huge so much space but lacks a lot of storage. So excited to move in and meet everyone!!!
Are they replacing the matresses in ALL rooms? I'm in a bunk and loft on the first floor.