MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brandon Hall Introductions DMe3 Brandon Hall Forum 164 09-08-2012 12:05 PM
Wallingford Introductions! Nightfoot Wallingford Hall Forum 31 09-26-2010 01:42 PM
Moulton Hall '09 Chad Moulton Hall Forum 75 08-10-2009 12:35 PM
Moulton '08 Chad Moulton Hall Forum 91 08-21-2008 08:26 AM
Moulton Hall '07 lorend Moulton Hall Forum 26 08-10-2007 07:10 PM

Moulton - Introductions thread

Old 08-29-2010 at 01:44 PM   #106
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataliec View Post
Hi! Im Natalie, first year engineering, 2nd floor And ive played the piano for ten years too lol
Oh good, more engineering musicians.

I guess it won't be too bad of a res after all.
Old 08-30-2010 at 11:44 PM   #107
minz

Liked: 0 Times

Hey!
Hey Moulteneers!

My name is Minhaz Khaiser and I am a Programming Representative from the IRC in Moulton this year. You will find out more about what exactly I do when you move in in less than 5 days! I'm glad to see that everyone is as excited as I am for move in which is fast approaching!!!

A little more about myself: I am going into second year and doing Honours Biochemistry. I lived in Moulton last year in the bunk and loft room. I know having 2 roommates has caused some to become anxious of how the year is going to turn out, but your residence life will depend heavily on your own attitude. You get what you make of it. I loved my days in Moulton so much that I've returned for another year! I will be living on the 1st floor in room 125.

Also, as Jinesh mentioned quite a while back, there is a facebook group called Moulton Hall 2010-2011. Join it. And tell your friends to join it as well! It will be updated regularly and reminders will be sent constantly to remind you of all the fun things that will be going on during welcome week and throughout the year!

I'm here to help. If you have any questions feel free to ask me, post them on the facebook group, or in this forum. See you all in a few days!

Happy packing...
Old 08-31-2010 at 09:09 AM   #108
CourtneyF

Liked: 1 Time

I have two quick questions about the rooms in Moulton!
1. Does the room come with a full length mirror? It says a mirror is included in the room, but how big is it?
2. How many shelves/drawers come with the desk? I'm not worried about for my clothes, but for putting my books somewhere?
Thanks! Can't wait to see everyone soon!
Old 08-31-2010 at 09:20 AM   #109
Dkites

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyF View Post
I have two quick questions about the rooms in Moulton!
1. Does the room come with a full length mirror? It says a mirror is included in the room, but how big is it?
2. How many shelves/drawers come with the desk? I'm not worried about for my clothes, but for putting my books somewhere?
Thanks! Can't wait to see everyone soon!
The room actually comes fully walled with mirrors, so you can view yourself from different angles, as well as duplicates of your entire body, it is more of a ultra modern building as you may notice from its recent construction in the 1960's.

There isn't much of a mirror in the tripple I looked at, at least not a full length one, although I am a male and it is hard for me to remember anything in general. The desk is also dependant on what bed you have/what room you are in (single, double, triple), so I would suggest you clarify that for a more accurate response. Most rooms have a desk area which spans the room, as well as a single person desk for bed C, overall there is lots of cupboards and storage in the rooms, they are just very dated and fairly cramped unfortunately.
Old 08-31-2010
Dkites
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-31-2010 at 12:11 PM   #110
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by minz View Post
I loved my days in Moulton so much that I've returned for another year! I will be living on the 1st floor in room 125.
So you're right across the hall from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkites View Post
The room actually comes fully walled with mirrors, so you can view yourself from different angles, as well as duplicates of your entire body, it is more of a ultra modern building as you may notice from its recent construction in the 1960's.

There isn't much of a mirror in the tripple I looked at, at least not a full length one, although I am a male and it is hard for me to remember anything in general. The desk is also dependant on what bed you have/what room you are in (single, double, triple), so I would suggest you clarify that for a more accurate response. Most rooms have a desk area which spans the room, as well as a single person desk for bed C, overall there is lots of cupboards and storage in the rooms, they are just very dated and fairly cramped unfortunately.
Good to see you on the forum, bud. xD

Last edited by Theashe : 08-31-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-31-2010 at 08:17 PM   #111
ayiri

Liked: 7 Times

Well it seems like there are a lot of musicians in Moulton this year. Just know that the walls are EXTREMELY THIN, as in thin enough that you can sometimes hear conversations through them, so just be respectful with any instrument playing you might be doing.
Old 08-31-2010 at 09:36 PM   #112
meaander

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayiri View Post
Well it seems like there are a lot of musicians in Moulton this year. Just know that the walls are EXTREMELY THIN, as in thin enough that you can sometimes hear conversations through them, so just be respectful with any instrument playing you might be doing.
Ahahah, don't worry about me. My instrument is the tuba, all my practicing will be done in the music rooms provided in togo salmon hall xP

ayiri says thanks to meaander for this post.
Old 07-06-2011 at 12:45 PM   #113
-Ish-

Liked: 56 Times

Hey ! I'm Srishti, 1st year Life Sci moving into Moulton =)
- Quick question: Do we have to bring our own printers?
Old 07-06-2011 at 12:46 PM   #114
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ish- View Post
Hey ! I'm Srishti, 1st year Life Sci moving into Moulton =)
- Quick question: Do we have to bring our own printers?
Yes, unless you print at the library which costs money.

-Ish- says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 07-06-2011 at 12:46 PM   #115
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 461 Times

There is one big printing center on campus and it is relatively cheap, so..
Old 07-06-2011 at 12:51 PM   #116
-Ish-

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
There is one big printing center on campus and it is relatively cheap, so..
... Do u have details about the costs ?
Old 07-06-2011 at 01:31 PM   #117
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ish- View Post
... Do u have details about the costs ?
It's called the Underground. About the costs, here: https://www.msumcmaster.ca/servicesa.../priceList.htm

-Ish- says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 08-29-2011 at 10:03 PM   #118
LifeSci Stud

Hi everyone,

My name is farhat (girl) and I am entering first year life science. I live on the third floor. I am also a musician and have played piano for 4 years. I am actuallly looking for a piano teacher to teach me. I am in grade 6 piano. Looking forward to meet everyone.