bunk and loft The Effekt Residence & Housing 9 07-18-2010 03:31 PM
Pictures of my new rig kevinf Gaming 5 12-29-2009 11:13 AM
Profile Pictures Rossclot Computers & Tech 29 12-26-2009 02:42 PM

Moutlon Hall Loft and Bunk -- Pictures?

Old 07-20-2010 at 08:49 PM   #1
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

Moutlon Hall Loft and Bunk -- Pictures?
Out of curiosity, does anyone have any pictures that they've taken in Moulton Hall's loft and bunk style rooms? The virtual tour of Moulton doesn't have a loft and bunk room for you to see. But from the website's information picture it looks pretty cramped:
http://housing.mcmaster.ca/Residence...unkandloft.JPG

If anyone has some better pictures in which you can see the lower parts of the rooms (preferably from different angles), it'd be much appreciated if you didn't mind uploading them. I'm just curious about space there, especially since my roommate seems to think we'll need more than one fridge (although, according to that new policy, we can't have more than one).
Old 07-20-2010 at 09:07 PM   #2
macbaby07
Elite Member

Liked: 54 Times

My friend lived there last year and ... i think if you had 2 fridges it in there it would gett pretty cramped
they're small rooms for 3 beds ... but .. they have lots of storage space ... the more things you put in the more cluttered it will look
and especially if you want to study in your room ... the less things .. will keep it looking bigger
Old 07-20-2010 at 10:22 PM   #3
sana1504

Liked: 7 Times

there is a facebook page for moulton hall - they have a lot of pictures there
Old 07-21-2010 at 09:21 AM   #4
Theashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sana1504 View Post
there is a facebook page for moulton hall - they have a lot of pictures there
I found a couple, none with the kinds of pictures I've been looking for -- but damn, they weren't kidding about how much storage space there is:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi... 3&id=72609150
Old 07-24-2010 at 12:49 AM   #5
guest_295
Happy and Helpful

Liked: 14 Times

I lived in Moulton my first year. Not the greatest but its do able. We got one fridge with the room and one of my two roomates brought her own. We rearranged our room - even though technically you arent allowed ( yes we moved both the bunk and loft units around-- aka got some guys to do it for us!) - with the new layout we had our one fridge on the counter and one bheind the loft ( hard to explain unless you saw how it was arranged-- sorry i deleted the pics!)-- we also now had a mini common area and i wasnt hidden behind the loft persons mini closet.

Overall- DONT bring anything thats furniture-like. even those stacking plastic shelves are a nono THERES NO WHERE TO PUT THEM. youre given lots of storage. in captains drawers and big closets ( i could stand in mine with 2 or 3 other ppl)
Old 07-24-2010 at 01:15 AM   #6
guest_295
Happy and Helpful

Found some of my pics!-

\

(^ this was after the move.. the loft is horizontal.. and the bunk is on the opposite wall then originally)

( ^ view of our min common area .. the loft is on the right. )

Theashe says thanks to guest_295 for this post.
Old 07-24-2010 at 08:04 AM   #7
Theashe

Thank you

That certainly does look small for three people. I like your idea of rearranging the room; maybe my roommates and I will have to do some creative thinking to try and make more space as well.

Considering my first choices were suite, single, single with washroom, apartment, and double with washroom, I was a bit disappointed getting Moulton lol.

Besides storage space, close access to Tim Horton's in Keyes, and being close to most of the buildings I'll have class in for engineering, what are the pros of living in Moulton? Cons?
Old 07-24-2010 at 08:35 AM   #8
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theashe View Post
Thank you

That certainly does look small for three people. I like your idea of rearranging the room; maybe my roommates and I will have to do some creative thinking to try and make more space as well.

Considering my first choices were suite, single, single with washroom, apartment, and double with washroom, I was a bit disappointed getting Moulton lol.

Besides storage space, close access to Tim Horton's in Keyes, and being close to most of the buildings I'll have class in for engineering, what are the pros of living in Moulton? Cons?
Pros:
-close to Bridges
-close to GO bus stop
-huge common room (EMR) in the basement\
-well lighted rooms

Cons:
-shared bathrooms (it's not horrible, in fact its very likely you'll never have to wait for a shower but it's not the greatest arrangement)
-can get loud at times (depends really on the people, but mostly because you'll be beside other triple rooms)
-can be hard to study in a room with 2 other people
-Bridges, Need a Pita and Bistro got a little boring for me so commons was a bit of a trek in the winter (esp for waffles @ commons)
-only 4 laundry machines (this was just ridiculous)
-no air conditioning (not a huge deal since the warm months are few)

Despite there being more cons than pros in this list, I absolutely loved Moulton. The cons just stick out to me b/c I lived there for 2 years. I'm sure you'll love it!!

Theashe says thanks to SciMania for this post.
Old 07-24-2010 at 09:19 AM   #9
olive

Liked: Liked 4 Times

how come the loft bed has a railing but the top bunk does not? can you choose if you have a railing or not? I have a loft bed in whidden..... i'm going to NEED a railing or else i might fall out haha.
Old 07-24-2010 at 10:28 AM   #10
guest_295
Happy and Helpful

My roomate asked for it for the loft ( although she looked like she was in a crib because the other side of her bed had one built in - it was also annoying that we had to pass the bar to her every night once she climbed up the ladder.. eventually she would just climb onto her desk, grab the bar put it up and then climb over it and the ladder was given a diff use in out room-- hold up the secret hidden fridge )

the top bunk ( my bed!) had no bars at all. theres not even a way to put one in if you wanted ( no grooves for the wood to slide into) least mine didnt have . i was next to the wall and my stuff ( haha socks that i kicked off in my sleep) would fall down through the tiny space to the girl below me.. so i bought a body pillow.

But theyre not that small my boyfriend and i and my body pillow all fit quite well and didnt fall off

Last edited by guest_295 : 07-24-2010 at 10:31 AM.