MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Parking Lot question on Move in Day icecubz Mary Keyes Forum 2 08-31-2010 01:46 PM
Reading Week Parking Greco Automotive & Transportation 2 02-16-2010 11:43 PM
Anybody know why university reading week a week earlier than college? TTHX General Discussion 11 01-08-2010 03:44 PM
Parking?? WekSos General Discussion 2 11-22-2008 01:53 AM
Parking during Move In Day Pawan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 09-01-2007 04:37 PM

Move In/Welcome Week Parking?

Old 08-22-2010 at 07:42 PM   #1
logans

Liked: 3 Times

Move In/Welcome Week Parking?
The last few times i've been to the campus, i've noticed that... well really my wallets been noticing that the parking is ridiculously expensive on campus. Where can i park for free durring move in day and welcome week? reason i'm asking is because i'm going to be commuting durring that week and want to know where i can park for free. is there free parking on campus, or is there somewhere off campus that i should park?
Old 08-22-2010 at 07:50 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by logans View Post
The last few times i've been to the campus, i've noticed that... well really my wallets been noticing that the parking is ridiculously expensive on campus. Where can i park for free durring move in day and welcome week? reason i'm asking is because i'm going to be commuting durring that week and want to know where i can park for free. is there free parking on campus, or is there somewhere off campus that i should park?
None of the McMaster parking is free, if you know anyone off-campus you could ask if you can park at their house.

mse369 likes this.
Old 08-22-2010 at 07:54 PM   #3
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

A lot of the side streets have a 1hr parking limit, however there are some people who park on Ewen Rd or Rifle Range and then just take the bus onto campus from there, since there is no parking limit on these streets. Your bus pass is only valid from Sept 1 though, so if WW starts before then you'd have an approx 10-15min walk to campus from these roads, depending where on them you park. I'm not sure if there are closer streets without limits, but these are the ones I've seen people use.
Old 08-22-2010 at 07:57 PM   #4
Kat10

Liked: 0 Times

How much is parking on move-in days?
Old 08-22-2010 at 08:00 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat10 View Post
How much is parking on move-in days?
It's Free:

Quote:
Parking in Zone M (see campus map) will be free for Residence students from September 4 to September 6.

Kat10 says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-22-2010 at 08:37 PM   #6
logans

Liked: 3 Times

welcome week starts the 5th, i think, or atleast starts after undergrad move in
Old 08-22-2010 at 10:04 PM   #7
Omega_X13

Liked: 9 Times

I remember parking was free in Lot M during all of Welcome Week (the gate stayed open)...or are they not doing that this year?

(or I imagined the whole thing)
Old 08-22-2010 at 10:08 PM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_X13 View Post
I remember parking was free in Lot M during all of Welcome Week (the gate stayed open)...or are they not doing that this year?

(or I imagined the whole thing)
As I quoted from the McMaster website, it'll be free on the 4th to the 6th.