MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Last day for parking app KuNFuZeD Automotive & Transportation 6 09-08-2010 04:30 PM
Parking Lot question on Move in Day icecubz Mary Keyes Forum 2 08-31-2010 01:46 PM
Move In/Welcome Week Parking? logans First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 08-22-2010 10:08 PM
Parking?? WekSos General Discussion 2 11-22-2008 01:53 AM
Parking? SaraM General Discussion 25 07-28-2008 03:23 PM

Parking during Move In Day

Old 08-24-2007 at 04:50 PM   #1
Pawan

Liked: 0 Times

Parking during Move In Day
hey..i was just wondering...how does the parking situation work during move in day...do we have to unload our stuff at one spot..and then park somewhere else...do we have to pay for parking ?...like how does that work?

as well..i was just wondering...how does parking on a general basis work at mac...for example..if u have visitors comin to see u...do they have to give the students name or something

if someone could answer these questions for me..that would be great ...thnks

Last edited by lorend : 08-21-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-24-2007 at 05:30 PM   #2
Kevin

Liked: 1 Time

good questions...I too would like to know
Old 08-24-2007 at 07:25 PM   #3
kenneth526
Elite Member

Liked: 41 Times

As I understand it, we drive up to the drop-off point at our residence, unload our stuff, and park at the designated areas. There's actually an interative site with a lot of move-in information here.

In terms of general parking, I got this from the parking website:
Quote:
If a student is expecting a visitor, the student may purchase a "Next Day" permit for his/her guest ahead of time at any of the Parking Kiosks or at the parking office.
If a visitor enters campus after the kiosks are closed, and intends to leave his vehicle on central campus overnight, the driver must attend the kiosk prior to 9:00 a.m. the following morning to purchase a daily permit for the vehicle.
Parking rates are here.

Old 08-24-2007 at 08:13 PM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Yup, Kenneth has got it all covered.

If you want to buy a parking pass for the year expect to pay a couple hundred of dollars, and for your car to be in zone six or seven. if any of you came on welcome day, orientation day, or may at mac and parked far away and took a shuttle bus...those are zones six and or/seven.

During move-in though you are not expected to pay for parking. You unload your stuff in one spot as was previously mentioned, then drive and park someplace else (this part I have honestly no idea about...my dad did the parking while I got my keys...). Your parents/family stay with you for a few hours/minutes then leave.

It really is an extremely effective system.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-25-2007 at 12:58 PM   #5
bnixon10

So then, we drop our stuff off but we students dont actually move our own stuff into our own room?? Other ppl do it for us while we park and go get our keys???
Old 08-25-2007 at 09:10 PM   #6
lucc

The "move-in helpers" will bring your boxes to the door of your room and leave them there. It's obviously your job to bring them inside your room and unpack them as you see fit.
Old 08-26-2007 at 02:29 AM   #7
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

move-in helpers = welcome week reps from your residence, your sister residence, the faculties, and the maroons. additionally, RLS staff from your own building and sister residence are there too.

please be nice to us.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 09-01-2007 at 04:37 PM   #8
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Great find for that 'interactive' site for move-in, Kenneth!