MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Theatres adrianj03 Movies & Television 4 09-12-2010 10:10 AM
Movie Recommendations Fight0 General Discussion 34 11-01-2009 01:20 PM
movie theatres in hamilton... movie club? macculkin General Discussion 7 06-27-2009 09:23 PM
Looking for theatres and films text book The Wadsworth Anthology of Drama Matt Hills Academics 4 01-08-2009 07:17 PM

movie theatres near mac?

Old 07-07-2009 at 12:28 PM   #16
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanishka View Post
is an age proof required to enter movie theatres?
Not unless you look really young and try to get into a movie that requires you to be a certain age, aka 14+ or 18+ (Or whatever the ratings are these days). Even then, most of the time the people working there don't really care.
Old 07-07-2009 at 12:29 PM   #17
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
is an age proof required to enter movie theatres?
Only if you don't look older than the ratings. So 14A, you would have to look 14 or more. Same thing with 18A and R (Which is only 18 and up).

http://www.media-awareness.ca/englis...ficati on.cfm

That's the rating system of Ontario.

kanishka says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 07-07-2009 at 12:30 PM   #18
kanishka
winning

Liked: 39 Times

k...thnx guys...all my doubts are cleared except....how much does a ticket generally cost????
Old 07-07-2009 at 12:31 PM   #19
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by zango View Post
exactly.. TV shows are awesome on Dc++ tho, usually a few days after they air.

sometimes movies, but generally stick to the ones that are already on DVD or almost out on DVD.

and finally, jackson square is probly closest and yeah, should answer the questions so far lol.
I actually put up TV shows the day they air. I get all my TV shows from Ninja Video. They generally have people uploading the TV shows a couple hours after they air. This year I'm not in residence though, but people will download and put it on DC++.

kanishka says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 07-07-2009 at 12:32 PM   #20
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
k...thnx guys...all my doubts are cleared except....how much does a ticket generally cost????
In Toronto it's about $12.00 for an adult ticket.....not sure if that price carries over to Hamilton. But expect something in that range (probably a bit cheaper).

kanishka says thanks to PTGregD for this post.
Old 07-07-2009 at 12:33 PM   #21
kanishka
winning

k thanks a lot...
Old 07-07-2009 at 01:17 PM   #22
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
In Toronto it's about $12.00 for an adult ticket.....not sure if that price carries over to Hamilton. But expect something in that range (probably a bit cheaper).
Yeah it's about that at the SilverCity in Ancaster. At Jackson Square, it's around... well, I'm not sure, but my friend and I went, and it was 13 dollars for the BOTH of us.
Old 07-07-2009 at 01:49 PM   #23
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
Yeah it's about that at the SilverCity in Ancaster. At Jackson Square, it's around... well, I'm not sure, but my friend and I went, and it was 13 dollars for the BOTH of us.
Yeah, I remember it being really cheap too.
Old 07-07-2009 at 01:58 PM   #24
anubhagat
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

ancaster is easily accessible by the 5C west hamilton bus to meadowlands, it runs monday - friday and drops you off right in front of the movie theatre complex. Tickets usually about $10.50

Jackson square, super cheap, maybe $6 for a movie and student combos of movie + popcorn + drink are $9.
Old 07-08-2009 at 04:05 AM   #25
kanishka
winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubhagat View Post
ancaster is easily accessible by the 5C west hamilton bus to meadowlands, it runs monday - friday and drops you off right in front of the movie theatre complex. Tickets usually about $10.50

Jackson square, super cheap, maybe $6 for a movie and student combos of movie + popcorn + drink are $9.
wow thts a good combo..
Old 07-08-2009 at 11:15 AM   #26
HeatherH
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 10 Times

Ancaster would probably be the best bet. It's Silvercity (bigger screen) and there are food/book places nearby if you have time to kill. It would probably take 10-15 minutes on bus from school (I think). Tickets are $10.99. Don't bother buying food at the theatre though - it's ridiculously expensive. Stop at a convenience store beforehand and take some snacks with you, or bring some from home.

Jackson Square is cheaper, but shadier. I would never go there alone, or at night in general. The screens are somewhat smaller, so it's like $6 to $8. It's inside the mall so there are lots of places to go if you have extra time. It takes about 10-15 minutes by bus.