MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Daily game Jan 04 : Penguins attack 3 Chad Daily Game 0 01-04-2011 04:36 AM
Give titles a hand finding their hurt penguins sign Joey Volunteering Opportunities 7 10-03-2010 08:57 PM
What books did you buy from the hurt penguins book sale? sinthusized General Discussion 20 11-18-2009 11:33 AM

Mr. Popper's Penguins

Old 03-27-2011 at 07:23 AM   #1
Bug324

Liked: 25 Times

Mr. Popper's Penguins
Is anyone else completely NOT excited for the release of this movie? I mean, Mr. Popper is played by JIM CARREY??!! C'mon! This was an amazing book. I read it so many times when I was younger, and now he's going to ruin it. That said, of course I'll still see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G93lT8kfoHQ
Old 03-28-2011 at 06:09 AM   #2
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

I'm not familiar with the Mr Popper's series. The trailer does look interesting though due to the cute penguins. Totally remind me of Good Luck Chuck.
Old 03-28-2011 at 07:57 AM   #3
Noodle

Liked: 19 Times

I've never heard of Mr. Popper's pengiuns, but when I was a kid my favourite book was "Where the Wild Things Are" and when they showed a trailer for it, I was upset. It turned out to be good in its own way, the book was much better. Hopefully they don't ruin your childhood with this movie, but Jim Carrey has his moments, look at Yes Man, that movie is awesome ^^.
Old 03-28-2011 at 10:44 AM   #4
nila*

Liked: 52 Times

wooow I read that book when I was in grade 3! Gotta dig it out again
Old 03-28-2011 at 01:40 PM   #5
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

never heard of it

why do u think carey would do a bad job though?
Old 03-28-2011 at 01:54 PM   #6
lakhim

Liked: 17 Times

does everyone forget jim carrey as the grinch?come on! he was fantastic there! although he is older now but he portrayed count olaf really well too. i would yet dare to hope if i was you. atleast it won't be as big of a massacre as harry potter was, when it first came out and didn't live up to expectations. correction, MY expectations.
Old 03-28-2011 at 07:09 PM   #7
Bug324

Liked: 25 Times

Yeah, I guess Jim Carrey was okay as the Grinch, and his Count Olaf was pretty awesome. It's just that he's kind of goofy, and I can't really see him portraying the Mr. Popper that I have in my mind. I know I should give it a chance before I say anything bad, but I can't help myself.
Old 04-10-2011
mailingoog
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 04-11-2011 at 04:00 PM   #8
s.tay

Liked: 0 Times

awww its such a cute book i hope they do not ruin it :(