MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Opting out from Dental/Health plan Leeoku First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 09-25-2010 07:36 PM
Health and Dental Plan Opt-Out Deadline TODAY! crucif3x MacInsiders Announcements 1 09-30-2009 02:49 PM
Dental plan? jordanrogers General Discussion 7 11-27-2008 09:50 PM
Health and Dental PLan Opt-Out Cheque Distribution lorend MacInsiders Announcements 4 11-18-2008 04:52 PM

MSU Health and Dental Plan Opt-Out Available (September 1-30 2009)

Old 09-01-2009 at 06:20 PM   #15
lankan_4lif

Liked: 9 Times
The coverage for the plans is from September 1 2009 until August 31st 2009.

Shouldn't it say:
The coverage for the plans is from September 1 2009 until August 31st 2010.

Can someone fix it since I don't have the authority to?

Old 09-01-2009 at 06:26 PM   #16
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times
*Filling out the form as we speak*

Old 09-01-2009 at 06:29 PM   #17
lankan_4lif

So any full-time undergrad student has the MSU Health and Dental plan automatically, no extra feed needs to be paid?

Old 09-01-2009 at 06:29 PM   #18
lankan_4lif

sorry fees need to be paid

Old 09-01-2009 at 06:31 PM   #19
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
That is correct, you already paid for the insurance in the supplementary fees.

Old 09-04-2009 at 11:38 AM   #20
twitterbird

Liked: 1 Time
okay so when opting out it asks for which method your want it back in cheque or direct... but when it asks for transit number and all that stuff it has to do with a cheque and it says that it has to go to the students account... what if i dont have cheques.. do i use my parents numbers?

Old 09-04-2009 at 12:22 PM   #21
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
You don't need cheques to receive them.

I'm not really following what you're asking.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 09-04-2009 at 12:38 PM   #22
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitterbird View Post
okay so when opting out it asks for which method your want it back in cheque or direct... but when it asks for transit number and all that stuff it has to do with a cheque and it says that it has to go to the students account... what if i dont have cheques.. do i use my parents numbers?
Do you have a bank account? If you do, go to the bank and ask for a void cheque.. it will have the information such as transit number etc.

Old 09-04-2009 at 04:31 PM   #23
Duarch

Liked: 19 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitterbird View Post
Um.. I'm pretty sure that if they're returning it to you in the form of a cheque, all they need is your name. On the cheque. That they're addressing to you. If you want it deposited directly into your account, you can use any account. You can even give them the info for my account But then I'd be getting the money. But in the case for direct deposit, yeah they'll need your transit number and stuff (which I believe can be found on either your/your parents bank statement - top right corner OR your/your parents cheque - if you have one)

Old 09-06-2009 at 10:41 PM   #24
hello395

Okay, I made a stupid mistake on my opt-out form. I have the reference number and everything though, so I was wondering if there's any way I can correct that mistake; or will I not get my refund at all? Its just the "insurer" part that i made a mistake on, otherwise everything else is fine. HELP!

Old 09-07-2009 at 08:00 AM   #25
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
Contact the MSU main office, and they can direct you to either the right person within the MSU or someone from the company who is providing the opt-out.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

says thanks to lorend for this post.

Old 09-12-2009 at 05:06 PM   #26
Keenu

Liked: 15 Times
What does it mean by "primary subscriber"?

Old 09-12-2009 at 05:22 PM   #27
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenu View Post
What does it mean by "primary subscriber"?
The person that is buying the insurance. For instance, I'm covered in my dad's extended insurance. He is the primary subscriber.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search