MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question about Mac Clubs... IbrahimH Clubs & Groups 3 09-30-2009 02:27 PM
Clubs niteskie General Discussion 15 09-09-2009 02:07 PM
clubs caitmcmanus Clubs & Groups 3 07-05-2009 03:15 PM
16th Annual Volunteer Recognition Night Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-27-2008 10:33 AM
Student Recognition Night Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-23-2007 01:07 AM

Is MSU recognition required for clubs?

Old 01-12-2011 at 09:49 AM   #1
EmilySusie

Liked: 18 Times

Is MSU recognition required for clubs?
I tried scanning the forums for this question but couldn't find anything. I'm planning to start a new club and already know that quite a few people are interested. I'd like to start planning events soon, some small regular meet-ups and some bigger events... but I don't expect it to be a really huge club.

Do I need to seek recognition by the MSU and fill out an application form and all that? I know the advantages of that, like having a Clubsfest table, more advertising, etc. And it will give more legitimacy to the club... but otherwise does it really matter? Can I still put up posters advertising the club on campus without MSU recognition? I know that to put up posters on campus you need to get an MSU stamp for any event(eg, concerts, fundrasing, etc) but does that mean that all club events advertised on campus need to be MSU-recognized?

I would probably eventually get MSU recognition and I've already looked into the process, but I think it might be helpful first to see what interest there is, how the events go, etc. first.

EDIT: I was also wondering about booking space for an event. I was thinking of booking the New Space in TSH since I booked it once for an art exhibit, and I'm fairly sure they would let me book it for an event since it's art-related. But I was wondering if there are any other places on campus to book rooms, and if you need MSU recognition.

Last edited by EmilySusie : 01-12-2011 at 10:01 AM.