MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSU Underground commie2013 Academics 0 09-22-2010 07:14 AM
MSU underground tunnel? ThagsanaR First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 09-17-2010 10:25 PM
MSU Underground Question sew12 General Discussion 3 10-13-2009 10:04 AM
$0.05 COPIES AT UNDERGROUND till HALLOWEEN Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 10-23-2008 11:59 PM

MSU Underground?

Old 09-16-2009 at 10:06 AM   #1
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 93 Times

MSU Underground?
I have heard of this place and I'm not entirely sure it works. So before I drag all my text books there.. let me get this right.

You go to the underground with your books and you set a price for your textbooks.. and you leave it with them? and then when they are sold you pick up your money?? Is it that simple?

Besides the underground where else could you sell books for a good price? I've tried facebook but the competition on it is pretty crazy.
Old 09-16-2009 at 11:36 AM   #2
opensky

Liked: 2 Times

You're referring to Undercovers, the consignment bookstore (not Underground, the photocopy/printing place). It's in the basement of the Student Centre.

It is that simple, you sign an agreement to keep you books there for at least 2 months. You price your books however you want and they'll put them in the store for other people to buy. When a book is sold, they'll notify you via e-mail and you come in with your debit card and they'll refund the price of the book into your debit account. Undercovers charges 20% of the selling price of the book for this service.

You could also try selling books on the Titles Used Book Classifieds, I've bought and sold books on there.
Old 09-16-2009 at 12:32 PM   #3
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

Honestly I don't think Undercovers is the best way to sell used books.

Buyback is the best way to get money back for used texts, since its guaranteed as long as Titles needs the book for Mac students, or they can send it to another school that is using it.

MacInsiders has its own Marketplace as you may have noticed, similar to Facebook Marketplace.

Titles has Classifieds on their website, you can list your textbook their and other students can e-mail you about purchasing it. I've purchased books this way.

Some students even post flyers around campus about used textbooks but I'm sure what the official policy is on this, it depends where you post it.