MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Summer class: Music 1AA3 OSid First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-10-2011 12:16 AM
Course load for Social work students gallagaj Academics 4 05-30-2011 09:53 AM
work load for 2nd term maryam17 Academics 3 12-24-2008 10:34 AM
MAX course Load summer workout101 Academics 3 12-04-2008 11:02 AM

Music 1AA3 summer work load?

Members have rated post #398982 as the best response. Skip right to it!
Old 03-31-2014 at 08:08 PM   #1
shimje

Liked: 0 Times

Music 1AA3 summer work load?
Hello guysss
I wanna take music 1aa3 during the spring term but idk how much the work load would be like.
I'm planning on doing 3rd year 6unit thesis during the summer, which is supposed to suck my life out, based on my prof's comment
I wanna take it if it's breezy workload (ie. econ 1b03/bb3 fall and winter term)
Those who have taken the course, please comment and let me know
Old 04-01-2014 at 04:19 PM   #2
Days

Hi, I took Music 1AA3 last summer with Gerry.

The course overall was really easy. Gerry posted slides for all the topics and textbook chapters. He also posted test review slides. You can basically pass the course with a 10+ just by reviewing his slides and listening to the online music guides and stuff.

Marks were spread out like this:
2 tests - 20% each
Listening Guide - 20%
Final - 40%

The tests weren't cumulative and they had 2 parts. First part was a listening test (i.e. you listen to parts of a song and you identify it). Part 2 was a short answer section. There would be a term, and you had to write something about it.

The listening guide was basically free marks. You pick a song and composer you like, and write a 1 page description about it.

The final was cumulative. The format was the same as the tests. Prof didn't post slides but he gave us a list of topics and songs that were going to be on the exam.

I suggest you take it It was a really chill class!

jaywa says thanks to Days for this post.
Old 06-21-2014 at 08:59 PM   #3
hanj37

Don't take this course.
Gerry changed the format of the final exam this year. The final exam was basically essay-writing. it consisted of 2 parts. first part, he gave us a link to a random shitty music, and asked us to write our opinions on it. second part, he made us pick 3 pieces that we listened to this year, and write about its sigifnificance (which is hard to write because he just tells you the characteristics of each piece, not necessarily how it is siginificant and different form other works). Although the final exam was take-home, i spent shit loads of time on it. Don't take this course, i recommend you take something else that has MCQ for finals.