MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Two Totally Unrelated Questions (Netbooks, and Pie) LazyNinja First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 20 07-20-2010 01:06 AM
Pretty sure a club is ignoring my e-mails lawleypop General Discussion 19 11-16-2009 09:03 AM

My chem lab is totally ignoring my needs and doing whatever it wants

Old 08-23-2008 at 12:44 AM   #1
a-max

Liked: 0 Times

My chem lab is totally ignoring my needs and doing whatever it wants
I finally got the elective I wanted (German 1Z06) after relentlessly checking SOLAR every day since it opened for me in July. Heck, I even got the MUGSI login procedure down so well I can do it blindfolded with both hands and legs tied (never know when this skill may come in handy).

Problem is, I managed to fix all my conflicts except with my CHEM 1E03 Lab and 1Z06 Core (btw, I'm in 1st yr engineering ). Since I highly doubt any other seats will ever open up in that again, I therefore need to switch Chem Labs, which I also can't since SOLAR is showing them as full.

Since chem is a mandatory course, who exactly do I need to contact to get a seat in one of the other labs? I already sent an email to Sally Williams, but being this time of year I'm guessing her inbox is full to the point of rupture :smiley:, and I need to get this resolved soon.

Oh and here's my current timetable

P.S. any other solutions are also appreciated.
Old 08-23-2008 at 01:01 AM   #2
zoyy

Liked: 9 Times

Hi Arjun. It's unfortunate that once you got the elective you wanted, chem lab decides to destroy it :(. However, I find it also shocking that all the labs that could work with your sched are full - especially since the lab that works for you is 1430-1720 on We, Th, Fri...that's three days that are all full? Asides from Sally, the only person I can think of that you can contact is Dr. Jeff Landry ([email protected]). He's the lab coordinator, but I have no idea if he's actually able to open spots for you. The labs can only hold a certain number of students, so once the max is reached there's really nothing that can be done. (unless there's a glitch with SOLAR and it says 'full' by mistake....). I don't know if he'll respond quickly but it's worth a shot. You could always just wait until one opens for you - labs don't start until 2nd week of school sooo you may still have a chance.

Because CHEM is mandatory, and German is just an elective, if you can't get into another lab you'd have to pick another elective that works with your sched.

Last edited by #Eng. : 08-23-2008 at 01:14 AM.

a-max says thanks to zoyy for this post.
Old 08-23-2008 at 11:55 AM   #3
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Keep trying everyday. I think on the 25th those that aren't fully registered get their courses deleted... so you might be able to get a seat.
Old 08-23-2008 at 01:24 PM   #4
a-max

Liked: 0 Times

So wait, if you have a conflict by the 25th, it means you are not fully registered, even if you are done pretty much everything else?
Old 08-23-2008 at 01:28 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Does it really? Check your program and course summary on MUGSI to see if you are fully registered.
Old 08-23-2008 at 03:57 PM   #6
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

there's list that chad put up somewhere stating who to contact when you need seats to be open..