MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
any pretty little liars fans out there? macbaby07 Movies & Television 13 07-18-2010 10:38 PM
Don't think I'm receiving e-mails lawleypop General Discussion 8 09-13-2009 06:56 AM
Need some PRETTY urgent help... Logic Academics 6 09-14-2008 09:38 AM
My chem lab is totally ignoring my needs and doing whatever it wants a-max Academics 5 08-23-2008 03:57 PM
How to stop those thread update e-mails Chad MacInsiders Announcements 2 08-11-2007 09:10 PM

Pretty sure a club is ignoring my e-mails

Old 11-14-2009 at 09:59 PM   #1
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Pretty sure a club is ignoring my e-mails
So I signed up for a few clubs this year... One in particular that I REALLY liked was [email protected]

I was on a subcommittee for our first real event (the shoreline cleanup, some ppl might remember me posting about the times and making a flyer for it).

and I thought all was going well, till they haven't returned a single one of my e-mails for over a month now (I haven't gotten anything since the 29th of september).

And to be quite frank, this severely grinds my gears. The one club I actually like, and I don't know what the hell is going on. ._.
Is there like, a general club etiquette? Because I don't recall doing anything wrong. And even if I DID do something out of line, wouldn't you think that they could address it like the adults we are?

I DON'T UNDERSTAND. ._.

How many more friggin e-mails can I send out? If I'm kicked out (which I didn't even realize was possible), at least EMAIL ME SAYING SO.

Edit: before anyone suggests it, my e-mails are VERY courteous and professional. o_O

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Last edited by lawleypop : 11-14-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old 11-14-2009 at 10:18 PM   #2
Goce
Elite Member

Liked: 36 Times

How did your mid-terms go? I would never ignore you like that. Perhaps you should start your own club? MSU club applications are due Nov.20 and can be found on their site.

Maybe they were using LearnLink (LL) and lost the ability to answer questions via their e-mail, if it was attached to LL that is. Otherwise, yeah, they probably are ignoring you.

Maybe get someone else to e-mail them and see if this is so?
Old 11-14-2009 at 10:20 PM   #3
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

how many emails did you send?

and btw, most clubs don't do anything and it's just something the exec can put on their resume or whatever.

and regarding starting your own club, I'm sure MSU policy is that you can't have two of the same clubs. So even if you think a club is run like shit, you can't do anything about it if you're not getting email responses or if the current exec is shit and won't listen to you.
Old 11-14-2009 at 10:22 PM   #4
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goce View Post
How did your mid-terms go? I would never ignore you like that. Perhaps you should start your own club? MSU club applications are due Nov.20 and can be found on their site.

Maybe they were using LearnLink (LL) and lost the ability to answer questions via their e-mail, if it was attached to LL that is. Otherwise, yeah, they probably are ignoring you.

Maybe get someone else to e-mail them and see if this is so?
Accounting was HORRIBLE. Pretty sure I felt like jumping in front of a bus on the way back home. ._.
Thanks for asking though. XD Math was mediocre at best probably, and surprisingly, I feel like I ACED Organization Behaviour. o_O

I don't really wanna start my own club. I'm not the type of can stick with someone for too long; the novelty wears off. Which is why this whole situation is annoying me. I found a club I like, with people who I thought were pretty cool, and now this is happening. ._.

What's Learnlink? o_o Pretty sure they're using mugsi.

I don't know anyone else in the club.
I was almost considering just sending them an e-mail with a different account, but I'm not that psychotic.

Old 11-14-2009 at 10:24 PM   #5
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDragoonX View Post
how many emails did you send?

and btw, most clubs don't do anything and it's just something the exec can put on their resume or whatever.

and regarding starting your own club, I'm sure MSU policy is that you can't have two of the same clubs. So even if you think a club is run like shit, you can't do anything about it if you're not getting email responses or if the current exec is shit and won't listen to you.
About 4 or 5, I think.
I wait about a week in between each e-mail... just so they have time to reply/don't wanna seem pushy/desperate.

And I agree, most clubs are pretty passive... that's why I'm so excited about this one. TBH, I just joined a bunch and participate as resume filler, but I actually LIKE this club and WANT to participate.

D: Gah. Woe is meee.

Old 11-14-2009 at 10:24 PM   #6
mellye
Elite Member

Liked: 29 Times

By any chance, have you noticed if they've been active these days?

I mean, with midterms starting and ending in the time span of the last month, it's entirely possible that the execs haven't seen the club as a priority, thus have not been checking it's e-mail.

Just tossing the possibility out there, but did you meet any of the execs personally? Or perhaps any other members? Maybe they've heard from the execs? Or possibly be in the same situation?
Old 11-14-2009 at 10:27 PM   #7
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellye View Post
By any chance, have you noticed if they've been active these days?

I mean, with midterms starting and ending in the time span of the last month, it's entirely possible that the execs haven't seen the club as a priority, thus have not been checking it's e-mail.

Just tossing the possibility out there, but did you meet any of the execs personally? Or perhaps any other members? Maybe they've heard from the execs? Or possibly be in the same situation?
I've thought of that possibility, but here's why I don't think it applies:

They sent out an e-mail on the 29th about a VERY IMPORTANT MEETING that you *had* to attend if you wanted to be on more subcommittees.

I had a midterm the day of the meeting, but e-mailed them back the SAME DAY saying I'm still interested in being on the subcommittees and to please keep me informed, etc.

And that was the last time I heard from them. ._.

I've had 10 midterms from the 29th to now, and even I manage to check my e-mails.

And I am one lazy son of a gun.

(Note: I can't meet the execs, they won't reply to my emails. And I don't know any of the members emails... I guess I could look back in my inbox and try to contact one of the members... it's gonna suck if they say "yea, they contact us all the time!")

D:

Old 11-14-2009 at 10:29 PM   #8
Goce
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Accounting was HORRIBLE. Pretty sure I felt like jumping in front of a bus on the way back home. ._.
Thanks for asking though. XD Math was mediocre at best probably, and surprisingly, I feel like I ACED Organization Behaviour. o_O

I don't really wanna start my own club. I'm not the type of can stick with someone for too long; the novelty wears off. Which is why this whole situation is annoying me. I found a club I like, with people who I thought were pretty cool, and now this is happening. ._.

What's Learnlink? o_o Pretty sure they're using mugsi.

I don't know anyone else in the club.
I was almost considering just sending them an e-mail with a different account, but I'm not that psychotic.
LearnLink is like ELM/WebCT. My club had our e-mails attached to that and when we were kicked off it caused some problems. LearnLink kicked off non-Health Science people earlier this year. Im pretty sure that they kicked us off before September 29 so there goes any other explanation.

Confront them at Clubsfest II is the only other option, if you care to go that far.

By the way, Golden Key had a similar event last week that was cancelled. Do you want me to keep you posted if we do anything similar in the warmer months?

Last edited by Goce : 11-14-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 11-14-2009 at 10:31 PM   #9
mellye
Elite Member

Liked: 29 Times

Hmm... My best answer for you is to try and track down anyone you ran into during that cleanup, or keep your ears open. They don't seem to have anything running on fb, but it looks like MacInsider's had advertised some stuff by them in the past years. Perhaps, the same people will show up again.
Old 11-14-2009 at 10:35 PM   #10
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goce View Post
By the way, Golden Key had a similar event last week that was cancelled. Do you want me to keep you posted if we do anything similar in the warmer months?
What do you mean? Like a shoreline cleanup? Yea, I'd be interested. XD

But I don;t have the marks for Golden Key, olol.

Quote:
Hmm... My best answer for you is to try and track down anyone you ran into during that cleanup, or keep your ears open. They don't seem to have anything running on fb, but it looks like MacInsider's had advertised some stuff by them in the past years. Perhaps, the same people will show up again.

Yea, for sure. Another weird thing: I got off the bus a couple of weeks ago to go to fortinos, and I saw one of the execs across the street. Naturally I waved and smiled, and she waved back and smiled. ._. Like double you teee efff.

Old 11-14-2009 at 10:40 PM   #11
Goce
Elite Member

Quote:
What do you mean? Like a shoreline cleanup? Yea, I'd be interested. XD

But I don;t have the marks for Golden Key, olol.

Yea, for sure. Another weird thing: I got off the bus a couple of weeks ago to go to fortinos, and I saw one of the execs across the street. Naturally I waved and smiled, and she waved back and smiled. ._. Like double you teee efff.
[/color][/color]
Yeah, I mean a shoreline cleanup. That's more than okay, we don't exclude people from any of our events, especially the service events. I will keep you in mind and message you when I hear about anything that comes up. Do you have any preferences for me contacting you? Private message here, Facebook, e-mail?
Old 11-14-2009 at 10:41 PM   #12
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Well you can go visit the clubs administrators office in clubspace. Tell her about their stuff; maybe she can send out an email and find out what the issue is? Clubs by MSU Bylaws/Charters are supposed to be non-exclusive to a good extent(especially the non-religious/cultural ones). If they really are ignoring you then they can get into trouble.

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 11-14-2009 at 10:46 PM   #13
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
Well you can go visit the clubs administrators office in clubspace. Tell her about their stuff; maybe she can send out an email and find out what the issue is? Clubs by MSU Bylaws/Charters are supposed to be non-exclusive to a good extent(especially the non-religious/cultural ones). If they really are ignoring you then they can get into trouble.
Oh, okay. I figured they could get in crap (not that I want them too), I just didn't know who to talk to.
But if I'm not welcomed to the club now, I certainly don't think I'd be after that.

Do you know if there's certain.. etiquette to follow as a member of a club? Asides from the obvious no racist comments and things like that.

Quote:
Yeah, I mean a shoreline cleanup. That's more than okay, we don't exclude people from any of our events, especially the service events. I will keep you in mind and message you when I hear about anything that comes up. Do you have any preferences for me contacting you? Private message here, Facebook, e-mail?
FB plox. Feel free to add me, just copy/paste my name. ;D Thanks xD

Old 11-14-2009 at 10:51 PM   #14
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Oh, okay. I figured they could get in crap (not that I want them too), I just didn't know who to talk to.
But if I'm not welcomed to the club now, I certainly don't think I'd be after that.

Do you know if there's certain.. etiquette to follow as a member of a club? Asides from the obvious no racist comments and things like that.
Here! https://www.msumcmaster.ca/content/d...SU%20Clubs.pdf

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

lawleypop says thanks to huzaifa47 for this post.
Old 11-14-2009 at 10:55 PM   #15
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Thanks.

I cannot possibly imagine for the life of me, what I did. And even if I did say something that was out of line, I don't see why they couldn't have said something like, "That's kind of inappropriate, we'd appreciate it if you refrained from those types of comments" etc.

My brain hurts from this.

I'm getting more and more annoyed about this. ._. There's only so long I can be patient for.