MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSN Help Urgent Desda Computers & Tech 24 09-23-2010 11:39 AM
any pretty little liars fans out there? macbaby07 Movies & Television 13 07-18-2010 10:38 PM
any pretty little liars fans out there? macbaby07 Movies & Television 3 06-22-2010 10:34 PM
Pretty sure a club is ignoring my e-mails lawleypop General Discussion 19 11-16-2009 09:03 AM

Need some PRETTY urgent help...

Old 09-11-2008 at 01:04 PM   #1
Logic

Liked: 0 Times

Need some PRETTY urgent help...
Hey guys. I'm pretty damn lost, and need some advice as to where I should get some help.

I'm a first year commerce student and have Macro as well as Micro economics this semester, and the only course I took last year that was business related was International Business, which I purposely flunked out of anyways.

I need help, I have no idea what either Holmes or O'Shaughnessy are talking about when I'm in the lectures, and I do my best to take notes and whatnot... But I'm really just very lost.

Can anybody give me some advice as to what to do or where to get help?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Old 09-11-2008 at 01:05 PM   #2
Logic

OH and I didn't sign onto the aplia thing until just a couple days ago and noticed there has been a lot of homework and stuff already due for this past Monday, as well as this Monday coming up. I'm sure that didn't help me, I just didn't know the diference existed, where here they don't tell you what homework you have and for when it's due, unlike high school.
Old 09-11-2008 at 01:16 PM   #3
MarkA

Liked: 25 Times

Hey,

I'm taking Macro as well, but not Micro yet.

If you're lost, try reading the textbook chapters ahead of the lectures, see if that helps. The textbook is available on Aplia. Also, if you get horribly lost during a lecture, download the podcast afterward (they're available before the end of the day) and sit through the lecture again.

As for the homework situation, I don't know about micro, but in macro the only stuff so far has been chapter readings and Aplia tutorials, which are unmarked. The marked assignments don't start until next week. So you're behind, but you aren't going to lose marks for it.
Old 09-11-2008 at 01:46 PM   #4
nogood205
McMaster Marching Band President

Liked: 4 Times

These courses are usually using WebCT, your resource for announcements, deadlines and upcoming tests. Sometimes, at the discretion of the instructor, a discussion board is made available for students to discuss problems or to answer each other's questions. You are responsible for checking the course website / WebCT (daily would make sense) and be made aware of any deadlines. Aplia usually has practice assignments before real assignments are due - most of them have explanations if you get the practice questions wrong.

As for help with the course, look at the course outline and there should be some TA + Instructor office hours you can go to for help. Also I think at one point they had an economics drop in centre for first-year economics. Look into that too.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!
Old 09-13-2008 at 06:57 PM   #5
Sugi

Some advice/help for chemistry
Hey, I am sorry to bother anybody, but I bin trying to do this question since time and couldnt go where to start. If anybody has any solutions. It will by great.

A 20.00 ml stock sample of HBr is diluted to 50 mL. If 18.76 ml of 0.1345 M KOH was required to reach the equivalence point, what is the concentration of the stock HBr solution?

Thank you.
Old 09-13-2008 at 08:45 PM   #6
phlipside101

Liked: 1 Time

if you need extra help getting caught up and understanding what you're learning, try going to the Center for Student Development. the CSD is in the basement of the student center right down the hall from the health clinic - they offer a lot of help with studying, peer tutors and other resources. all you have to do is go in and tell the receptionist what you need help with and she'll know who you should get an appointment with. good luck!
Old 09-14-2008 at 09:38 AM   #7
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

I took both 1st year micro and macro in the same semester and I had no previous economics knowledge and I ended up with great grades.

Read the textbook first of all.

Go to classes and you would have figured out that you needed Aplia and would have known when assignments are due.

O'Shaughnessy has this 5% math quiz on Aplia that you have to do, easy 5%. That's her first assignment.

I don't know how much you're missing since the first week of micro and macro teach the same thing really (what is economics, and other basics).
If you're having trouble one week into the school year, get help from the profs, TA's or CSD.