MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Stop getting it on is the MUSC Rossclot General Discussion 73 04-10-2010 04:41 PM
Pretty sure a club is ignoring my e-mails lawleypop General Discussion 19 11-16-2009 09:03 AM
Don't think I'm receiving e-mails lawleypop General Discussion 8 09-13-2009 06:56 AM
Bus Stop redex General Discussion 4 10-09-2007 11:46 PM

How to stop those thread update e-mails

Thread Subscriptions Cleared

Since asking for user feedback in our last post, we have received complaints and questions regarding the e-mails that are automatically sent out when new posts happen in the forum.

MacInsiders has a feature called "Thread Subscriptions" which notify you by e-mail when somebody has responded to a forum thread that you have posted in. Be default accounts were setup to instantly e-mail you when a thread you posted in was replied to. We realize that for those who are active in the forum, this can become quite annoying and fills your inbox with e-mail updates.

Therefore, all existing e-mail thread subscriptions have been removed and all settings for Thread Subscriptions have been turned to the off setting automatically in everyone's accounts. You should no longer receive updates by e-mail when a thread you posted in is replied to. We made the change to everyone's account as it seemed the most effective way for everyone to start fresh. You can turn back on the feature by following the steps below.

This feature can be very useful if there is a forum thread you are particularly interested in. For example, if you are interested in hearing all the updates about Welcome Week, you can subscribe to the Welcome Week thread in the forum to be e-mailed with updates. Or, if you ask a question in the forum and want to be e-mailed when someone replies, it's possible.

To subscribe to a thread and be e-mailed with updates
Go to the thread, click Thread Tools at the top, then click Subscribe to this Thread

Turn on subscribe when replying

If you click NEW REPLY in a forum thread and reply to something that someone said and know that you'll want an e-mail when someone updates the thread. For example, if you post a question and want to be e-mailed when someone responds to give you an answer, then click NEW REPLY and alter the Thread Subscription to "instant e-mail".

To view threads you are subscribed to and alter the settings
Click My Account in the MacInsiders navigation bar, then click List Subscriptions on the left.

Turning the setting back on
If you liked being e-mailed everytime someone replied to a post you made in the forum, turn the setting back on by going to My Account > My Settings & Privacy, and alter the setting by choosing an option under "Default Thread Subscription Mode"

Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 08-11-2007 at 07:33 PM   #2
Amara

Liked: 0 Times
great.now i dont know wht i was subsricbed to
how do i remember each and everyforum :(

Old 08-11-2007 at 09:10 PM   #3
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times
You'll have to go back into the forum, click on the threads you want e-mail notification about, and re-subscribe using the "Subscribe To This Thread" option. Sorry for the inconvenience!

You can see most of the biggest threads here:
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=1725 7

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search