MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to Establish a Good Relationship with your Teaching Assistant (from a TA's Perspe lorend Academics 8 04-16-2011 07:58 PM
Relationship advice for men & women WC007 Dating & Relationships 1 10-19-2010 12:10 AM
Other School Relationship mike_302 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 07-29-2009 03:47 PM
How to get a date - relationship advice lorend Misc 1 10-13-2007 11:14 AM

my relationship

Old 02-22-2011 at 11:49 AM   #1
lacky

Liked: 0 Times

my relationship
I am willing to give alot of points for answering this question.

e: Good morning~ ♥ You really have made me a better person by loving me for who I am. Happy anniversary

her: Good morning honey ♥ thank you for never giving up because if you did then we wouldn't be here to say happy anniversary ♥

me: work hard for me today. I love you. ♥

her: I will and you better as well! I love you with all my heart ♥

What does it mean 'thank you for never giving up because if you did then we wouldn't be here to say happy anniversary.'? It seems like a nice to thing to say but why does it sound weird?

--------------------------------------…

- that one time in valentine i wrote big letter on the card, but she didnt write anything because card wouldnt stop make noise. (it had some little electronics that makes music) so i kinda made her say stuff on the spot. and she said 'i love you. it's good to be here. and i hope we date longer.' <-- doesnt it sound little off when she said '... i hope we date longer'?

so i confronted her about it, i told her how unhappy that she didn't write stuff alot on card. and once she got the facebook message from me once she came back from school, she said the message worried her. and we webcammed about it for two hours after she came back.

- we played little game on facebook wall and she posted this. it kinda pissed me off that she didnt check off: I miss you, we need to talk more and we need to chill.. but she checked it off to one of her best guy friend in her class. it bothers me so much.

Like this status & i'll put an x in the boxes that apply to youuuu
[x] of course I love you ♥ ♥
[x ] You're so handsome!!!
[ ] We need to talk more.
.........[ ] We need to chill.
......[x] You will go really far in life!
[] I'd slap you.
[x] I'm happy to have you in my life. You mean a lot to me ♥
[ ] I don't really know you.
[ ] I miss you

- we used to webcam everyday but since her new semester started, she was overwhelmed with work and it was cut down to every other day.

am i worrying too much? should i let this go?
Old 02-22-2011 at 12:05 PM   #2
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Stop acting so insecure in your relationship. First of all, who the hell does this? -

Code:
[x] of course I love you ♥ ♥ [x ] You're so handsome!!! [ ] We need to talk more. .........[ ] We need to chill. ......[x] You will go really far in life! [] I'd slap you. [x] I'm happy to have you in my life. You mean a lot to me ♥ [ ] I don't really know you. [ ] I miss you WTF?
How old are you? I remember doing stuff like that when I was 12. FOR MY MOM. But bear with me for a second...

It seems like you're operating under the this notion that your relationship is some kind of passion-filled remake of Atonement. It seems like you have your heads in the clouds, structuring this rigorous routine of "I love you"s and overused cutesy bullshit.

There is being in love and there is being unrealistic and/or childish. Your insecurity bleeds through when you start acting so needy and childish as a result of your structured routine falling apart. People don't like insecurity. It often times mirrors their own, showing them their faults, and makes it easier to see their significant other's shortcomings.

Have some stones. Don't focus so much on asking yourself "Does she still like me? QQ", start asking yourself "How much do I like her?".

She checked off that she loves you. That should be enough. Women are messed up. People are messed up. They sometimes play games. They're unpredictable, which is really the beauty of it. More than likely she didn't realize what she did when she said she wanted to spend more time with her friend. Moreover - why is that wrong? Women are allowed to have friends. Don't be that guy. Accept it for what it is and -

Stop obsessing.

It makes things harder and you end up sabotaging a perfectly good thing because of a clouded view of your relationship and your own life muddled together by insecurity and analysis. Things do take work, but there is a difference between working at a relationship and structuring one without enough of a realistic foundation.

In short: let it go. It will benefit both of you.

Last edited by Kendoon : 02-22-2011 at 12:08 PM.

Old 02-22-2011 at 12:05 PM   #3
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

just let it go. shes probably fcking someone behind your back anyway
Old 02-22-2011 at 12:07 PM   #4
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacky View Post

e: Good morning~ ♥ You really have made me a better person by loving me for who I am. Happy anniversary

her: Good morning honey ♥ thank you for never giving up because if you did then we wouldn't be here to say happy anniversary ♥

What does it mean 'thank you for never giving up because if you did then we wouldn't be here to say happy anniversary.'? It seems like a nice to thing to say but why does it sound weird?

- that one time in valentine i wrote big letter on the card, but she didnt write anything because card wouldnt stop make noise. (it had some little electronics that makes music) so i kinda made her say stuff on the spot. and she said 'i love you. it's good to be here. and i hope we date longer.' <-- doesnt it sound little off when she said '... i hope we date longer'?

so i confronted her about it, i told her how unhappy that she didn't write stuff alot on card. and once she got the facebook message from me once she came back from school, she said the message worried her. and we webcammed about it for two hours after she came back.

- we played little game on facebook wall and she posted this. it kinda pissed me off that she didnt check off: I miss you, we need to talk more and we need to chill.. but she checked it off to one of her best guy friend in her class. it bothers me so much.

[] I'd slap you.
[ ] I miss you

- we used to webcam everyday but since her new semester started, she was overwhelmed with work and it was cut down to every other day.

Seriously?

You need to stop being so insecure about your relationship with her. I'm no expert but I've been with my boyfriend for 5 years now and I can tell you that insecurities like that create nothing but PROBLEMS. Don't confront her about why she didn't write anything in a card for you...it just seems a little needy...if she doesn't want to write anything in the card then so be it, let her express her feelings for you as she sees fit. Maybe she liked the idea of a musical card, maybe she thought the music expressed her feelings better than she could with words (who the heck knows).

Stop trying to equate the things that you do for her with the things that she does for you. She's not you. Let her be her own person and don't get pissed at her for not doing things the way you want them. Because frankly thats controlling and I certainly wouldn't put up with that.

Also don't put her on the spot and make her say stuff to you...what do you expect, for her to spit out a hallmark card for you? Just trust her...

And a facebook game SERIOUSLY?! Fine she didn't check off we need to chill more for you but did for her classmate but what about the fact that she checked off "I love you" for you and not for her classmate? stop being so pessimistic, it'll cause problems and stop reading into the little things...this will cause more problems.

As to whether or not you're worrying too much... I don't know because I don't know her or what she feels but maybe this is something you guys should talk about. Long distance relationships are tough so try to make it work if you do want it to work. Maybe go surprise visit her, I don't know...but don't be so insecure about the relationship.

Old 02-22-2011 at 12:14 PM   #5
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

Agreed, first thought was that the OP sounds like a 12 year-old. Or someone attempting to emulate a ridiculously sappy Asian drama, where 90% of the young adult females act like they're that age. I've watched so many relationships with this ridiculous level of childish sappiness fall apart, and had one guy attempt to throw that crap at me lolol. I've yet to encounter anything that's turned me off so much. He was quite pathetic.

tl;dr: You sound like a pubescent female, don't fuss over petty shit. Also, Internets = bad place for relationship advice.

Last edited by Amaryll : 02-22-2011 at 06:48 PM.

macsci likes this.
Old 02-22-2011 at 12:24 PM   #6
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

prob meant that u or her had some issues or troubles but u still stuck around to make it to where u are now
Old 02-22-2011 at 12:41 PM   #7
siefer1322

Liked: 96 Times

Quote:

[] I'd slap you.
[ ] I miss you

yo bro, i think she's sleeping with that best guy friend, better check it out man. those facebook checkmark status thing is probably how they communicate behind your back. I used to have this computer game where you had to figure out who the killer in the house is through clues and shit, and i alwasy figured that shit out FAST AS FUK, so i got some experience in this thing.

good luck.

m0ns13ur, macsci, Mahratta like this.
Old 02-22-2011 at 12:46 PM   #8
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

If you have to question if someone loves you or misses you, they probably don't.

...?!, alh24, siefer1322 like this.
Old 02-22-2011 at 01:44 PM   #9
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Good thing you didn't post on your main account

this is ridiculous

...?! likes this.
Old 02-22-2011 at 03:27 PM   #10
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Good thing you didn't post on your main account

this is ridiculous
i thought this too

regardless its easy to narrow down the possibilities based on the type of person involved

troll engage

Old 02-22-2011 at 03:52 PM   #11
...?!
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 76 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo87 View Post
If you think someone loves you or misses you, they probably don't.
Fixed that for you.

Amaryll likes this.
Old 02-22-2011 at 04:40 PM   #12
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Definitely cheating on you, honestly, end the relationship, you clearly care about her than she does about you and that's a problem.

...?! says thanks to Souldier for this post.

Old 02-22-2011 at 04:57 PM   #13
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

Seriously? I thought I was insecure, holy cow. Take a chill pill. You will only drive yourself crazy. If you need this much reassurance and she doesn't want to or can't give it to you than perhaps you need someone else. Or you could try and learn to be a bit more laid back.
Old 02-22-2011 at 05:04 PM   #14
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
...[x] You need to chill....
WE ONLY WEBCAM EVERY OTHER DAY NOW!

m0ns13ur likes this.
Old 02-22-2011 at 05:08 PM   #15
zombiejesus

Liked: 80 Times

Jesus Christ OP. I'm asking my mom to drive me to the hospital, because I just facepalmed my cerebellum out the back of my head.
I don't mean to be rude, but you need a reality check bro.
You need to alpha the $#$# up. You're going to lose your gf (if you haven't already) because it appears you:
-over think everything
-speak to her like a 9 year old girl
-don't have any romance in your relationship whatsoever
-act like her gay best friend

I'm sorry but your relationship is headed straight for a depressing tearful trainwreck and it won't be because of her, it's because of you! Smothering her with your lovey-dovey BS takes ALL THE FUN out of your relationship and turns it into an episode of The Carebears. I would feel absolutely no sexual attraction to someone who sugar coated my relationship to that extend - I would feel like I'm sleeping with a child. I hope this will open your eyes a bit and maybe you can look at your relationship as an outsider looking in...

*end rant*

Last edited by zombiejesus : 02-22-2011 at 05:16 PM.

_Luu_ says thanks to zombiejesus for this post.