MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Timetable Help! theprayer5 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 09-07-2010 04:38 PM
My Mock Timetable vs. Assigned Timetable Theashe First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-11-2010 01:57 PM
Timetable Changes MarissaK Academics 17 08-12-2009 11:32 PM
Changes to timetable? lavalampsky Academics 14 08-12-2009 08:21 PM

My timetable wow...

Old 08-08-2011 at 10:22 PM   #1
EngineBoy

Liked: Liked 2 Times

My timetable wow...
So yeah i looked at my timetable and was shocked at how late my classes end (6:20pm), is that normal or should i try and change it. I also don't like those huge gaps in the afternoon 1-2 hours is fine but 3+hours is too much. I don't want my classes to end at 6:20pm everyday so where do i go to change it? I want to fill in those gaps and perhaps start my classes a bit later (around 9:30am) or end it earlier (around 4-5pm).

P.S I love friday though, 1 hour break after my first class and i leave at 4:20pm. I wish everyday would be like that.

Edit: forgot timetable : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/timetable.png/
Old 08-08-2011 at 10:25 PM   #2
Mickel

Liked: 12 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineBoy View Post
So yeah i looked at my timetable and was shocked at how late my classes end (6:20pm), is that normal or should i try and change it. I also don't like those huge gaps in the afternoon 1-2 hours is fine but 3+hours is too much. I don't want my classes to end at 6:20pm everyday so where do i go to change it? I want to fill in those gaps and perhaps start my classes a bit later (around 9:30am) or end it earlier (around 4-5pm).

P.S I love friday though, 1 hour break after my first class and i leave at 4:20pm. I wish everyday would be like that.

Edit: forgot timetable : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/timetable.png/
That's just how university works. You can of course attempt to change your schedule through solar by switching your sections around or taking different classes.
Old 08-08-2011 at 10:55 PM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

6:30 is definitely normal. There's night classes too from 7-10, so 6:30 can be considered early in this case. Unless your courses have more than one core, you won't be able to do anything about the cores. However, use the Master timetable and see what you can move around to finish earlier and reduce your breaks.
Old 08-08-2011 at 11:10 PM   #4
EngineBoy

So is there anything wrong with my timetable or things I should change? Now that i have my timetable and received my student ID card what else should i do before September 8th, Ive checked the registration guide it says i need to complete the parent information form, then the payment and classes finally start on September 8. I know i need to buy my books but when do i do that?
Old 08-08-2011 at 11:14 PM   #5
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
So is there anything wrong with my timetable or things I should change? Now that i have my timetable and received my student ID card what else should i do before September 8th, Ive checked the registration guide it says i need to complete the parent information form, then the payment and classes finally start on September 8. I know i need to buy my books but when do i do that?
The only thing that comes to mind is your Wednesdays, especially with a morning lab, so I would try and change that round if possible (I'm not sure how do-able that is with engineering!). As for books, it's preferable that you wait until the first class before buying your textbooks. So that would take place within a week or 2 of September 8th .
Old 08-08-2011 at 11:44 PM   #6
EngineBoy

Last question if you don't mind, I was just checking my courses to make sure i had met the requirements but it turns out one of my courses is not an approved elective course how do i switch it? I just missed the deadline for changing courses... do i call them?
Old 08-08-2011 at 11:55 PM   #7
Patrick.O

Liked: 28 Times

Quote:
Last question if you don't mind, I was just checking my courses to make sure i had met the requirements but it turns out one of my courses is not an approved elective course how do i switch it? I just missed the deadline for changing courses... do i call them?
SOLAR reopens on August 10th, you can change it then.
Old 08-08-2011 at 11:55 PM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
SOLAR reopens on the 10th at 8:30.
Old 08-09-2011 at 12:00 AM   #9
EngineBoy

ah thank you so much, i was scared for a bit that i messed up bad.
Old 08-09-2011 at 12:15 AM   #10
jordmark

Liked: 0 Times

where do you choose core and tutorial courses?
Old 08-09-2011 at 12:34 AM   #11
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

very normal for an engineer
Old 08-09-2011 at 12:41 AM   #12
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmark View Post
SOLAR, reopens August 10th, 8:30am
Old 08-09-2011 at 12:54 AM   #13
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmark View Post
Again through SOLAR, just like course selection. There will be drop-down menus beside each course, one for cores, one for tutorials and one for labs (if there are any). They will be listed by number C01/T01/L01.

Last edited by ~*Sara*~ : 08-09-2011 at 12:57 AM.
Old 08-09-2011 at 01:29 AM   #14
BeAll_EndAll

Liked: 57 Times

Silly noobs.

Lol jk, your schedule looks fine to me, you better be prepared for that + a lot more if you are in eng.
Old 08-09-2011 at 02:45 AM   #15
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

here are some tips.

1. math tutorial is useless. ta just takes up textbook questions. it is actually useful if u can keep up with the math homework but chances are you wont. ta simply tries to do every single question in 1 period. going to the prof/math help centre is good enough if not better since u get 1on1
2. econ lectures for 1b03 are useless. chances are u have holmes. chances are she will read off the slides word for word. it can be useful to some ppl but to many it isn't worth your time. you can read the slides on ur own time. u can find some1 with the past assignments/quizzes and still do well without going to class.

there that cleared up 3-4 spots in ur week