MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
E.M.P.O.W.E.R. presents: Son of A Lion Movie Screening (FREE PIZZA & MOVIE NIGHT) hamnahx02 MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-28-2011 10:55 PM
Havent watched a good movie.... Yakattack Movies & Television 51 11-11-2010 09:10 AM
movie theatres in hamilton... movie club? macculkin General Discussion 7 06-27-2009 09:23 PM
Movie Trailers (OMG!!) lorend General Discussion 20 04-02-2009 08:58 AM

Need a good movie~!

Old 06-08-2011 at 10:43 PM   #31
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris98 View Post
about how stupid he was?

he was not stupid...he was my hero...well not really but still...i would love to have the guts to give everything up and go on a journey like that. to simply get by off the generosity of strangers and through odd jobs here and there..........he was not stupid !!!!!....like i said it takes guts to do what he did (real or not...though it was based on a real story)

...........im sorry id make a more intelectual argument but im just too tired and sick right now

in fact one of the things i want to do and that's on my bucket list is to go back packing like that.... somewhere not to built up...like in south america or in the east. to explore the world through experience the lives of local people and to get by through hard work and the generosity of others (cus well im still a kid and i want to believe that there are kind ppl out there (insert puppy face) )...i think that would be an amazing experience.

Last edited by Chevalier : 06-08-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 06-16-2011 at 11:26 PM   #32
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Liked: 118 Times

Wow, my thread is still alive...

Anyway, I am going to watch The Cave and The Mist (which I saw already but I liked it, so...).

Old 06-17-2011 at 07:51 AM   #33
Misspolitics

Liked: 96 Times

Everyone forgot about Tyler Perry especially the movies with madea (madea goes to jail, diary of a mad black woman, madea's family reunion). really funny with a good story behind it.
Old 06-17-2011 at 08:24 AM   #34
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 68 Times

Gran Torino was actually good. I didn't think much of Clint Eastwood and his movies until I saw the movie.

AelyaS likes this.
Old 06-17-2011 at 09:19 AM   #35
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post

he was not stupid...he was my hero...well not really but still...i would love to have the guts to give everything up and go on a journey like that. to simply get by off the generosity of strangers and through odd jobs here and there..........he was not stupid !!!!!....like i said it takes guts to do what he did (real or not...though it was based on a real story)

...........im sorry id make a more intelectual argument but im just too tired and sick right now

in fact one of the things i want to do and that's on my bucket list is to go back packing like that.... somewhere not to built up...like in south america or in the east. to explore the world through experience the lives of local people and to get by through hard work and the generosity of others (cus well im still a kid and i want to believe that there are kind ppl out there (insert puppy face) )...i think that would be an amazing experience.

The idea of living off the land, isolated from society and all, is very possible, just not in the way he did it. It did take guts to do what he did, but he was still stupid. That wasn't bravery, it was foolish. I read the book, and he seemed to be a very stubborn person, bent in his ways. If I were him, I'd find ways to exploit the very system he abhored.
Old 06-17-2011 at 09:58 AM   #36
TLyn

Liked: 0 Times

[REC] 2007, this was the movie quarentine was based off of (not nearly as good) it's pretty short less than an hour and a half just make sure you get subs.

if you want something funny Hot Fuzz is ok.
Old 06-17-2011 at 10:11 AM   #37
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

^ If you liked Hot Fuzz, you should definitely watch Shaun of the Dead.
Old 06-17-2011 at 11:06 AM   #38
Twelve Chars

Liked: 318 Times

Tintin is gonna rule!

Misspolitics likes this.
Old 06-17-2011 at 11:21 AM   #39
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelve Chars View Post
Tintin is gonna rule!
You mean this movie?
Old 06-17-2011 at 12:21 PM   #40
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Tintin! Tintin!!
Old 06-17-2011 at 12:24 PM   #41
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

THEY MADE A TINTIN MOVIE?! WHY DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS...

When I was a kid, I was OBSESSED with Tintin.

EDIT: Oh, it's not even out yet. Derp.
Old 06-17-2011 at 12:28 PM   #42
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelaisAer View Post

EDIT: Oh, it's not even out yet. Derp.
Blistering Barnacles!
Old 06-18-2011 at 12:47 AM   #43
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelve Chars View Post
Tintin is gonna rule!
Holy crap, I used to watch these shows in French back in elementary school. I actually never watched it in English... how does Captain Haddock swear in English? Man, I had no idea his name was a fish back in the day Lol
Old 06-18-2011 at 01:12 AM   #44
VirenPatel

Liked: Liked 2 Times

The Town, its a great movie, with an amazing story! Watch the trailer and decide for yourself

J. Dorey, UlteriorMtve like this.
Old 08-27-2011 at 08:33 PM   #45
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

They see me NECROING, THEY HATIN'...

But seriously, more movies, people! It's that time again.

CHALLENGE: COMEDIES ONLY. GO!