MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who will host 2018 and 2022 world cup? gongshow General Discussion 16 11-30-2010 11:25 PM
Host McMaster Ready to Defend OUA Crown Sport fan Athletics & Recreation 2 03-04-2010 10:45 AM
#3 McMaster Men’s Basketball Team to Host #1 Carleton Raven’s Sammcmaster MacInsiders Announcements 2 11-27-2009 12:15 PM
Toronto to host 2015 Pan Am Games Taunton General Discussion 8 11-06-2009 11:11 PM

Need good web host

Old 03-03-2011 at 03:48 PM   #1
samd

Liked: 22 Times

Need good web host
I'm looking around for some cheep/free web hosting and everything I'm finding is either awash with ads and BS or is set up for beginners with templates and "online design tools" :(

I just need basic hosting for html, php, mysql and ftp. I don't care about my domain name. Let me know who your favourite host is and how they stack up.

Thanks
Old 03-03-2011 at 04:37 PM   #2
Carefree

Liked: 25 Times

If you are looking for good shared hosting, check out the reviews on webhostingtalk.com . Of the companies I have used, Stablehost and Hawkhost have excellent reviews. I like the fact that they don't oversell their servers too much.

Be very aware of the "unlimited hosting" providers. Overselling is common among webhosting providers who advertise unlimited bandwidth and space, because realistically most users don't use 1/100th of their allowance. This allows them to cram 1000's of websites on one server, putting a heavy processor load on the machine and making your php/sql site run like garbage. Stay away from those hosts!
Old 03-03-2011 at 05:16 PM   #3
Yakattack
Chatbot 2.0

Liked: 80 Times

For free hosting

http://forums.redflagdeals.c om/fre...er-etc-985499/

or

http://forums.redflagdeals.c om/fre...st-rfd-765035/
Old 03-03-2011 at 05:22 PM   #4
J-Met
Elite Member

Liked: 135 Times

I use Prolink Hosting. I think you can host up to 3 domain names, unlimited bandwidth, for about $10 a YEAR. This is by far the best deal Ive found, as most hosting runs about $10 a month.

http://www.prolinkhosting.co m/
Old 03-03-2011 at 08:26 PM   #5
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

If you aren't doing anything to serious i can rent you out some space on my mobile me account?! I have 20GB of online storage and 200GB Bandwidth a month.

I barely use up 2 GB of space on there and deffientely dont even pass 10GB of bandwidth. I mostly only use it to back up contacts and to store back ups and files. So that will give you at least of 10GB online space and around 150GB Bandwidth a month.
You would have to set it up for webpage use but i can help you with that.

However if you your own domain , youd have to buy that first before routing it. If you were to use my account the website address would be something like. public.me.com/----/---.html.
*where the dashes would go my user name and the name of your site

-Rio

Last edited by Crzyrio : 03-03-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 03-03-2011 at 08:29 PM   #6
sjager

Liked: 59 Times

http://www.hostgator.com

Incredibly good customer support.