MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Payment agreement/OSAP uppalss First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-24-2010 07:15 PM
Payment Agreement and Osap?! Mfm12 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-18-2010 06:49 PM
Payment Agreement and OSAP. saeeds5 Financial Aid 1 08-13-2010 03:17 PM
OSAP and Payment Agreement - Payment Options Kathy2 Financial Aid 1 07-04-2010 12:53 PM
OSAP & Payment Agreement feonateresa First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 07-07-2008 09:30 AM

Need OSAP on your Payment Agreement?

Old 07-14-2010 at 04:16 PM   #15
Parminder S
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 18 Times
I was wondering if someone could inform me if this is possible? Can I take OSAP, check it off on my payment agreement, but still choose the option that allows me to pay my fees in one go? Thanks.

Old 07-14-2010 at 04:18 PM   #16
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

Liked: 51 Times
I am not sure if the system will allow you to do that; you can, however, pay all of your fees in one go whenever you want. They won't NOT allow you to pay them, lol.

Old 07-14-2010 at 04:19 PM   #17
0t10

Liked: 0 Times
i have the online application submitted but havent given in all the docs. The OSAP option is available on SOLAR though, so yay for me!

so, now i shud confirm the payment agreement or do i wait until OSAP says 'u iz verified, go aheads with full speed' or something and THEN i confirm the payment agreement?

Old 07-14-2010 at 04:20 PM   #18
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times
Just to clarify:

If my application status says
Web App - Submitted, then I'm good for the 15th right? OSAP will appear as a payment option for me?

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 07-14-2010 at 04:22 PM   #19
0t10

Liked: 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Just to clarify:

Web App - Submitted, then I'm good for the 15th right? OSAP will appear as a payment option for me?
i was thinking the same thing......go on SOLAR and check if the OSAP box is check-able, tht shud tell u.....SOLAR isnt burstingly full with ppl right now i think

Old 07-14-2010 at 06:22 PM   #20
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmzz View Post
I am not sure if the system will allow you to do that; you can, however, pay all of your fees in one go whenever you want. They won't NOT allow you to pay them, lol.
"Pay your fees in one go whenever you want"? Do you mean just selecting the payment in full plan? You can certainly do that. 60% of your OSAP will be deducted from your tuition, you pay the rest and then the 40% in January goes to your bank account.

Quote:
Just to clarify:

Yeah, if the day that they specify is before July 15th then you should be good.

0t10, lawleypop, Parminder S all say thanks to jhan523 for this post.

Old 07-14-2010 at 08:08 PM   #21
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Can someone explain the payment options?

Even if you get OSAP, you have to come up with some of the money yourself? >_<

Old 07-14-2010 at 08:16 PM   #22
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Can someone explain the payment options?

Even if you get OSAP, you have to come up with some of the money yourself? >_<
Have you read: http://www.mcmaster.ca/bms/finance/s...l.html#plan s

OSAP may not cover your entire tuition, it rarely does and most students have to pay the difference.

Payment in Full:

September 1st: You pay Tuition-60% OSAP
September: Pick up your 60% OSAP and forward it to McMaster
January: Pick up your 40% OSAP and deposit it in your bank.

0t10, lawleypop all say thanks to jhan523 for this post.

Old 07-14-2010 at 08:34 PM   #23
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Nope, still confused.

If I pick "Flex Plan - OSAP: Designed with the OSAP release schedule in mind. Required minimum payment is approximately 60% of your Net Fees total. Balance due no later than January 15."

Does this mean I have to come up with the 60% myself for sept 1st and then I'll just get the money back from OSAP?

Or will I get OSAP first and pay off the tuition with it?

(i'm new)

Old 07-14-2010 at 08:43 PM   #24
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Nope, still confused.

If I pick "Flex Plan - OSAP: Designed with the OSAP release schedule in mind. Required minimum payment is approximately 60% of your Net Fees total. Balance due no later than January 15."

Does this mean I have to come up with the 60% myself for sept 1st and then I'll just get the money back from OSAP?

Or will I get OSAP first and pay off the tuition with it?

(i'm new)
This plan is actually new. But from what I've gotten by reading:

September 30th: You pay 60% tuition minus 60% OSAP.
September: Pick up OSAP and forward to McMaster
September-January: Interest accrues.
January 30th: You pay 40% tuition - 40% OSAP
January: Pick up OSAP and forward to McMaster

Interest is calculated at the end of each month: September 30th, October 31st, etc... It's 1.2% on the outstanding balance on that day.

You should also remember that you can pay at anytime during September-January. That will decrease the amount of interest you have to pay.

The numbers are all approximated though. You will know exactly how much you have to pay on September 30th when you are able to select OSAP as a payment method along with the OSAP flex plan as your payment plan.

The picking OSAP is for sure:

Quote:
NOTE: OSAP students must go in-person, no later than September 15 to negotiate and sign loan certificates to ensure funds are received to your student account by the payment deadline date of September 30 (Spring/Summer May 30)

NOTE: OSAP students must go in-person, no later than January 15 to negotiate and sign loan certificates to ensure funds are received to your student account by the payment deadline date of September 30 (Spring/Summer session May 30.

dreamer21, lawleypop all say thanks to jhan523 for this post.

Old 07-14-2010 at 08:50 PM   #25
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
This plan is actually new. But from what I've gotten by reading:

September 30th: You pay 60% tuition minus 60% OSAP.
September: Pick up OSAP and forward to McMaster
September-January: Interest accrues.
January 30th: You pay 40% tuition - 40% OSAP
January: Pick up OSAP and forward to McMaster

Interest is calculated at the end of each month: September 30th, October 31st, etc... It's 1.2% on the outstanding balance on that day.

You should also remember that you can pay at anytime during September-January. That will decrease the amount of interest you have to pay.

The numbers are all approximated though. You will know exactly how much you have to pay on September 30th when you are able to select OSAP as a payment method along with the OSAP flex plan as your payment plan.

The picking OSAP is for sure:

Still confused. Lmao. (At least I'm helping your post count? xD)

What do you mean pay 60% minus 60% OSAP?
That's confusing me so hard.

I also don't get why people would have to pay something upfront....isn't that half the reason why they need osap? (don't really care for an answer to this, just a rhetorical question lol)

Old 07-14-2010 at 08:51 PM   #26
TedMosby

Liked: 34 Times
So I selected OSAP as a funding option, and "Payment in Full" as a payment option. However, for my payment schedule it says this:

Item Due Date Amount
OSAP - PENDING: PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR ENTITLEMENT AMOUNT UP TO: AUGUST 15TH N/A
PAYMENT IN FULL SEPTEMBER 1ST $ FULL
TUITION COST

I'm not too sure what the description next to OSAP means, can anyone please elaborate if they know? Thanks!

Old 07-14-2010 at 08:54 PM   #27
TedMosby

Liked: 34 Times
Quote:

I also don't get why people would have to pay something upfront....isn't that half the reason why they need osap? (don't really care for an answer to this, just a rhetorical question lol)
It means like 60% of your costs - 60% of OSAP. Say if you need to pay $1000 to Mac, and your OSAP amount is 100. That means you'll pay 600 (which is 60% of the amount owed to Mac) - 60 (which is 60% of your OSAP entitlement) = 540. I think that's what he means.

Old 07-14-2010 at 08:55 PM   #28
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:

It means McMaster knows you have OSAP so it automatically deducts 60% of you OSAP from the amount you have to pay in September (Which according to this plan is 60% of your tuition). Then when you pick up your OSAP, you actually forward it to McMaster since it already deducted that amount from your tuition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedMosby View Post
So I selected OSAP as a funding option, and "Payment in Full" as a payment option. However, for my payment schedule it says this:

Item Due Date Amount
OSAP - PENDING: PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR ENTITLEMENT AMOUNT UP TO: AUGUST 15TH N/A
PAYMENT IN FULL SEPTEMBER 1ST $ FULL
TUITION COST

I'm not too sure what the description next to OSAP means, can anyone please elaborate if they know? Thanks!
This means your OSAP entitlement hasn't been released to McMaster yet. Wait until August 15th, but they'll actually send you an e-mail when they receive the amount you are getting from OSAP. Then 60% of your OSAP will be deducted from your tuition. You will pay that amount to the school. Then you pick up OSAP in September and forward it to McMaster. In January, the rest of your OSAP goes to your bank account.

Old 07-14-2010 at 08:58 PM   #29
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Okay, yes or no... do you have to pay something out of your own pocket up front if you're getting osap?

(maybe I'm just confused because 60% of my osap estimate would be more than my full tuition...)

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search