MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So You Think You Can Dance Canada Finals temara.brown General Discussion 1 10-20-2009 10:37 PM
McMaster's Men's Basketball Quarter-Finals! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 5 02-27-2009 10:53 AM
McMaster Men's Rugby Advances to OUA Semi-Finals! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 11-01-2008 09:05 PM
Studying Methods sycoman Academics 2 09-15-2008 04:44 PM
Getting Ready for Finals! Chad Exam Prep and Studying Tips 0 12-12-2007 02:58 AM

Need Some Extra Help Studying For Those Finals? Sign Up For An Sos Exam-aid Session!

Old 11-30-2010 at 02:01 PM   #1
sosmcmaster

Liked: 2 Times

Need Some Extra Help Studying For Those Finals? Sign Up For An Sos Exam-aid Session!
HAVING TROUBLE STUDYING FOR EXAMS? MISSED COUPLE CLASSES? OR DO YOU JUST NEED THE EXTRA BOAST?

WHY NOT SIGN UP FOR AN EXAM AID SESSION OFFERED BY STUDENTS OFFERING SUPPORT?. WE ARE A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION THAT RAISE MONEY FOR DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS IN THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES THROUGH OFFERING EXAM AID SESSION.
EACH SESSION IS AN HOUR AND HALF LONG AND TAUGHT BY AN EXPERIENCED TUTOR. YOU ALSO RECEIVE A STUDY PACKAGE WITH NOTES AND QUESTIONS, ALL FOR A DONATION OF $20.

CHEM 1A03 (DECEMBER 8TH 2010) : http://www.mcmastersos.com/index.php?p=register
CHEM 20A3 ( DECEMBER 10TH 2010): http://www.mcmastersos.com/index.php?p=register
MATH 1A03 (DECEMBER 13TH 2010): http://www.mcmastersos.com/index.php?p=register
PHYSICS 1B03 ( DECEMBER 17TH 2010): http://www.mcmastersos.com/index.php?p=register
Old 11-30-2010 at 05:39 PM   #2
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Just a thought, but $20 seems a bit high for a new service (I didn't hear anything about this last year) with no reviews. I'm imagining this to end up being just another chem tutorial except that the TA will try to fit in major concepts about the entire course within 60-90 mins.

Also, you can't really call it a "donation" if it's mandatory to pay that amount to attend...

The only thing that interested me was the inclusion of the review package (for Chem 2OA3), but it would be better if you guys provided a sample one (from another course?) so we can see if it's worth it...
Old 11-30-2010 at 05:51 PM   #3
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikantsepll View Post
Just a thought, but $20 seems a bit high for a new service (I didn't hear anything about this last year) with no reviews. I'm imagining this to end up being just another chem tutorial except that the TA will try to fit in major concepts about the entire course within 60-90 mins.

Also, you can't really call it a "donation" if it's mandatory to pay that amount to attend...

The only thing that interested me was the inclusion of the review package (for Chem 2OA3), but it would be better if you guys provided a sample one (from another course?) so we can see if it's worth it...
I agree that a sample, even a partial sample, should be provided. This does sound like a good opportunity though, especially for those who have missed some lectures. Unfortunately, math and science doesn't help me at all, but I still think it's a good idea.
Old 11-30-2010 at 06:14 PM   #4
jordko

Liked: 13 Times

WAY TO EXPENSIVE
Old 11-30-2010 at 09:41 PM   #5
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosmcmaster View Post
...ALL FOR A DONATION OF $20.
I'm not trying to discredit anyone, but doesn't that sound like a fee rather than a donation?
Old 11-30-2010 at 09:44 PM   #6
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsftw View Post
I'm not trying to discredit anyone, but doesn't that sound like a fee rather than a donation?
Protip: marketing technique