MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
quick question about my timetable booboo Academics 2 09-02-2010 09:45 PM
Timetable & Course Advice Needed Sonnet Academics 2 08-22-2010 11:29 PM
Mock timetable... Advice Please! kgrun First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-24-2010 07:19 PM
Quick Question about Master Timetable sidraH Academics 2 08-27-2009 11:47 PM
A Few Quick Questions About My Timetable broono3000 Academics 3 08-11-2009 05:56 PM

In need of some quick timetable advice

Old 08-13-2008 at 11:05 AM   #1
shleyaa

Liked: 8 Times

In need of some quick timetable advice
Okay, so I'm pretty happy with my term 1 schedule..the only thing is that i have one class on wednesdays (linguistics) from 3:30 to 4:20. i thought it'd be nice to get all of wednesday off, so i'm thinking of switching from a day class to an evening class (thursday night). unfortunately, right now the evening linguistics class is full, so i have to keep checking back from time to time. anyway, my question is.. should i keep the day class or keep trying to switch into the evening one? i'm hesitant because it seems like it'd be such a nuisance having ONE 1-hour class during the wednesday and another class after a 2-hour break on a friday (especially if it's your last class). switching to the evening class would free up my fridays so i would end at 1:30, as well as my tuesday block, and obviously my wednesdays! so yeah...any input would be great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg term1.jpg (168.4 KB, 21 views)

Old 08-13-2008 at 11:26 AM   #2
mitch
Elite Member

Liked: 75 Times

I've never taken linguistics before, but I have taken 3 hour evening classes. They have their ups and downs. It's great to only have to go to the class once a week. There's most likely a break halfway through and it rarely went the whole 3 hours for the ones I've been to. However, it's also annoying to have to go at 7 to a class and stay there for hours. It really takes away from your free time.

By gauging what you have to gain from taking the evening course, I'd say do it. I'd much rather go to a evening course and get off of class much earlier on Friday as well as the other days. I'm a really big fan of getting off early on Friday! Yeah, get some friends to be with for the night course and it's kind of fun. My night course was so boring, we ended up just playing games most of the time!

shleyaa says thanks to mitch for this post.
Old 08-13-2008 at 01:21 PM   #3
harsshu

Liked: 0 Times

I too need some timetable advice
Please give me some advice on this schedule for Engineering 1 thank-you.
Attached Files
File Type: doc SCHEDULE.doc (244.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 08-13-2008 at 01:47 PM   #4
mitch
Elite Member

Liked: 75 Times

Harsshu,

For second term:

Switch Engineer 1P03 to C02
Switch MATLS 1M03 to C02
Switch ECON 1B03 to C01

This will allow you to finish 2 hours earlier on Monday and Thursday, as well as 5 hours earlier on Wednesday.

For first term:

Switch Physics 1D03 to C03 fast! Lets you sleep in much later!
If you'd rather your Math 1Z04 to end earlier, switch that one to C02, but this will make you end 1 hour later on Friday. You'd also have to move your Engineer 1C03 tutorial to 8:30 or 14:30 on whichever day fits. If you don't move the math, I suggest you switch your Thursday physics lab to the same time on Monday so you don't have a long lab then math class.