MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
can someone trade prettty please MCHEDDENITE Academics 1 08-15-2010 09:39 AM
Sub Kinesiol 1A03 for 1Y03 sunshine3000 General Discussion 3 08-24-2009 11:40 AM
Trade-in used TV Allan General Discussion 3 05-13-2009 01:30 PM
KINESIOL 1y03 Lamees Academics 1 08-23-2008 07:21 PM

Who Needs Kinesiol 1yo3? Im Willing To Trade

Old 08-13-2010 at 03:31 PM   #16
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
It's just kind of sad that people never seem to be happy with what they have. As soon as they get what they thought they wanted, they realize they want something different.
But it's not sad when students take courses they thought they liked but they find out they didn't like them and drop them. It's also not sad when students enter programs they thought they would like but end up switching because they didn't like it.

Just thought I would add that for students that go through those things in case they read the quoted text. It's not shameful or disappointed if you tried but didn't like it, lots of students don't know what they want to do and switch mid-university.
Old 08-13-2010 at 03:35 PM   #17
san38

Liked: Liked 4 Times

Does anyone know when mugsi releases all the seats where everyone has an equal chance of getting the course? i thought on august 11th is when they released all of them... and yet, while i was on solar, people said kin 1y03 was available, but for me it was full >.<
Old 08-13-2010 at 03:38 PM   #18
Imtiaz

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
But it's not sad when students take courses they thought they liked but they find out they didn't like them and drop them. It's also not sad when students enter programs they thought they would like but end up switching because they didn't like it.

Just thought I would add that for students that go through those things in case they read the quoted text. It's not shameful or disappointed if you tried but didn't like it, lots of students don't know what they want to do and switch mid-university.
Hey...I never said i didn't like the course ok so you are you making it seem like I hated the course?!
Old 08-13-2010 at 03:38 PM   #19
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by san38 View Post
Does anyone know when mugsi releases all the seats where everyone has an equal chance of getting the course? i thought on august 11th is when they released all of them... and yet, while i was on solar, people said kin 1y03 was available, but for me it was full >.<
Dont know what you mean, but what you see on SOLAR is it.. if its full, your SOL.
Old 08-13-2010 at 03:40 PM   #20
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imtiaz View Post
Hey...I never said i didn't like the course ok so you are you making it seem like I hated the course?!
I didn't quote your text...
Old 08-13-2010 at 03:40 PM   #21
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post

No, it's good to try things even if you end up not liking it--that way at least you know. But since it's only August, there's no way the person has tried Kin 1Y03. There's nothing wrong with switching the course ahead of time, though--it gives other people who really do want it a chance to take it. I was just following JesterRace's train of thought, and I can understand why people would be annoyed that someone fought so hard to get into a course just to give it up almost immediately, when they themselves have been trying to get into that course for so long with no luck.

Edit after reading the above 3 posts: Since Imtiaz said he likes kin, I'm not entirely sure why he's dropping it...BUT it gives other people a chance to take it, so I guess it's win-win?

Last edited by nerual : 08-13-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 08-13-2010 at 03:43 PM   #22
blackdragon
Elite Member

Quote:
No, it's good to try things even if you end up not liking it--that way at least you know. But since it's only August, there's no way the person has tried Kin 1Y03. There's nothing wrong with switching the course ahead of time, though--it gives other people who really do want it a chance to take it. I was just following JesterRace's train of thought, and I can understand why people would be annoyed that someone fought so hard to get into a course just to give it up almost immediately, when they themselves have been trying to get into that course for so long with no luck.
Hate electives. So glad I only have one this year, and 0 last year
Old 08-13-2010 at 03:51 PM   #23
Imtiaz

Quote:

Edit after reading the above 3 posts: Since Imtiaz said he likes kin, I'm not entirely sure why he's dropping it...BUT it gives other people a chance to take it, so I guess it's win-win?
I still like it but the problem is I can't fit it into my timetable..it creates a lot of conflicts since i have my 2 electives in term2 and non of them can be moved to term one so i can switch it wit KIN so that is why its better to just better to let it go
Old 08-13-2010 at 03:59 PM   #24
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
I still like it but the problem is I can't fit it into my timetable..it creates a lot of conflicts since i have my 2 electives in term2 and non of them can be moved to term one so i can switch it wit KIN so that is why its better to just better to let it go
Hopefully it works out for you next year then, if you still want to take it!
More than likely, though, you will eternally curse the registrar's office
Old 08-13-2010 at 04:14 PM   #25
blackdragon
Elite Member

Quote:
That is why you make a mock timetable before SOLAR opens so you can plan it out.
Old 08-13-2010 at 04:17 PM   #26
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
That is why you make a mock timetable before SOLAR opens so you can plan it out.
Yeah, MacInsiders always pushes people to make mock timetables. They are so helpful and takes stress away from MUGSI/SOLAR. Even though it's only 1% of the total stress due to certain reasons... but it allows you to pick courses that don't conflict so you aren't panicking and running around later on.
Old 08-13-2010 at 04:22 PM   #27
Imtiaz

yea i made a mock timetable before SOLAR had open but the problem was getting into solar...i was up n trying since 8:00 am that day and i got in till at 6:30 pm..and by then most of my cores that i wanted were full....and they are still full up to today.. and i still have huge gaps between classes which i hate...but someone said earlier that you can register for one core and go to another right? once it fits your time table?
Old 08-13-2010 at 04:27 PM   #28
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
yea i made a mock timetable before SOLAR had open but the problem was getting into solar...i was up n trying since 8:00 am that day and i got in till at 6:30 pm..and by then most of my cores that i wanted were full....and they are still full up to today.. and i still have huge gaps between classes which i hate...but someone said earlier that you can register for one core and go to another right? once it fits your time table?
If you make the mock timetable in June though, before course registration even starts, then you can select courses that don't conflict, and you won't run into the problem where sections that don't conflict are full, because you'll automatically be assigned a non-conflicting timetable where possible.

Yes, you can *usually* register for one core and go to another. Some sections are really full, and if they are, you shouldn't be there if you're not registered in that section--you're taking the seat of someone who is. If they have iClicker questions for marks, you also have to be in your registered section.
Old 08-13-2010 at 04:28 PM   #29
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Yes you can go to another core, but if it's packed full you should have the courtesy to leave since you didn't pay for that seat and someone else did. Unless you want to pay them 20 per class XD
Old 08-13-2010 at 04:32 PM   #30
blackdragon
Elite Member

Quote:
Lol that sucks. I tried from 8am and got in at 9am.. and again at 1pm..