MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
can someone trade prettty please MCHEDDENITE Academics 1 08-15-2010 09:39 AM
Sub Kinesiol 1A03 for 1Y03 sunshine3000 General Discussion 3 08-24-2009 11:40 AM
Trade-in used TV Allan General Discussion 3 05-13-2009 01:30 PM
KINESIOL 1y03 Lamees Academics 1 08-23-2008 07:21 PM

Who Needs Kinesiol 1yo3? Im Willing To Trade

Old 08-13-2010 at 06:48 PM   #46
san38

Liked: Liked 4 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye View Post
It just doesn't make sense, I have been emailing Doris Burn whose in charge and she keeps telling me to check it because there's activity in the course.. gah..
maybe there's a glitch? i'll even try emailing her.
Old 08-13-2010 at 06:50 PM   #47
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
wth... Why would they close it off... I though everyone can take kin 1y03..
Anyone with the prereqs can take it, but there aren't equal spots for everyone. For example, kin 1Y03 is on the life sci course list, but not the soc sci course list, so they have to budget a certain number of seats for people taking the course to fulfill their life sci course list requirement. Also, since kin 1Y03 is a science course, priority is given to someone in science who is more likely to use the information later on in their careers than someone majoring in, say, economics. It makes sense that for a science course, there are more seats available for science students. There are many courses that use a similar system or a variation of it (such as having more seats in a psych course open to people in psych programs than other programs, even though that course isn't strictly a requirement for their degree).
Old 08-13-2010 at 06:55 PM   #48
san38

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
Anyone with the prereqs can take it, but there aren't equal spots for everyone. For example, kin 1Y03 is on the life sci course list, but not the soc sci course list, so they have to budget a certain number of seats for people taking the course to fulfill their life sci course list requirement. Also, since kin 1Y03 is a science course, priority is given to someone in science who is more likely to use the information later on in their careers than someone majoring in, say, economics. It makes sense that for a science course, there are more seats available for science students. There are many courses that use a similar system or a variation of it (such as having more seats in a psych course open to people in psych programs than other programs, even though that course isn't strictly a requirement for their degree).
say when september comes, and there are still empty spots that the sci/kin students don't use, would it eventually be available to the rest of the students?
Old 08-13-2010 at 06:59 PM   #49
Skye

Liked: 3 Times

ahh i see.. so I guess soc sci kids at this point would have to be REALLY lucky to get it?
Old 08-13-2010 at 06:59 PM   #50
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by san38 View Post
say when september comes, and there are still empty spots that the sci/kin students don't use, would it eventually be available to the rest of the students?
They should become available, yes. I thought they generally became available in August, but I guess not :S
Old 08-13-2010 at 07:06 PM   #51
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Quote:
ahh i see.. so I guess soc sci kids at this point would have to be REALLY lucky to get it?
You never know, someone could decide tomorrow they don't want it and drop it. Just check as much as you can and Im sure you will get it eventually before school starts (or maybe even a week or two after school starts)
Old 08-13-2010 at 08:36 PM   #52
Skye

I hope so, this is making me insane.. anyway Sans i emailed burns so yeah if you email her too then maybe we'll catch a break haha
Old 08-13-2010 at 08:46 PM   #53
san38

Quote:
I hope so, this is making me insane.. anyway Sans i emailed burns so yeah if you email her too then maybe we'll catch a break haha
I just emailed her, fingers crossed! How many times have you emailed her so far?
Old 08-13-2010 at 08:59 PM   #54
Skye

3 times ! haha spaced apart though, I even asked if all the seats are full if we could get into 1a03! Anyway, in her last email she said there was activity so to keep checking , I emailed her today asking her if it's actually closed off to soc sci student. Maybe if we nag her enough she open up some!
Old 08-13-2010 at 09:07 PM   #55
san38

Quote:
3 times ! haha spaced apart though, I even asked if all the seats are full if we could get into 1a03! Anyway, in her last email she said there was activity so to keep checking , I emailed her today asking her if it's actually closed off to soc sci student. Maybe if we nag her enough she open up some!
i honestly think she should be able to open some spots for us, im pretty sure a lot of the seats are held back for what ever reason. and yes hopefully she'll come around if we nag enough!
Old 08-13-2010 at 09:33 PM   #56
Skye

Just in case I emailed the administrator as well! Burn is the assistant so hopefully this will work