MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jimmy Gringo's Burrito Factory lorend Restaurants & Food Reviews 3 06-13-2012 03:50 PM
best place to study Chevalier Academics 42 02-04-2011 04:17 PM
New pizza place in Westdale cowpuppy General Discussion 8 04-09-2010 07:23 AM
When/Where courses take place? Rossclot Academics 2 01-24-2010 08:50 PM
is there a place to by ink at mac? sj316 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 09-08-2008 08:34 AM

New burrito place in Westdale?

Old 04-14-2014 at 04:32 PM   #1
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

New burrito place in Westdale?
I saw online that there is a new burrito place near McMaster in Westdale called "Burrito Bandidos"

Anyone been there and tried it out yet? Any good?

http://www.burritobandidos.c om/v2/

They claim to be 'Toronto best burrito' now in Hamilton.
Old 04-14-2014 at 05:30 PM   #2
Suspect

Liked: 60 Times

Interesting, i'll check it out tomorrow and compare it to taco del mar.
Old 04-14-2014 at 06:44 PM   #3
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

taco del mar is pretty gross....
Old 04-14-2014 at 07:28 PM   #4
Kudos
Elite Member

Liked: 175 Times

I found it pretty underwhelming, to be honest.

Dryest meat ever, not enough sauce, skimpy on the toppings. As former Jimmy Gringos loyalists, my roomie and I were both really disappointed.
Old 04-15-2014 at 04:37 AM   #5
Suspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
Mondo Burrito
Old 04-15-2014 at 05:34 AM   #6
--HP--

Liked: 53 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I saw online that there is a new burrito place near McMaster in Westdale called "Burrito Bandidos"

Anyone been there and tried it out yet? Any good?

http://www.burritobandidos.c om/v2/

They claim to be 'Toronto best burrito' now in Hamilton.
It's a decent burrito place around Mac, that's for sure! I still think Burrito Boyz is the best burrito place in Hamilton though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
I found it pretty underwhelming, to be honest.

Dryest meat ever, not enough sauce, skimpy on the toppings. As former Jimmy Gringos loyalists, my roomie and I were both really disappointed.

I'm not sure about the meat burritos (as I'm a vegetarian), but I agree that some of the girls that work there are stingy on the toppings. I go here often, and noticed that most times it's all right though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
Definitely better than Taco Del Mar! Should give it a try!
Old 04-15-2014 at 08:21 AM   #7
raptorboi

Liked: 6 Times

Ya bandidos is a rip off...del Mar is better and burrito boyz is best
Old 04-15-2014 at 03:38 PM   #8
Suspect

So i went there today -- as promised.

I got a small chicken burrito with: rice, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, green onions, green pepper, guacamole, cilantro, salsa, and all 3 of their available sauces. This cost me a total of $7.90. The same price as a large Mondo burrito at taco del mar-- except on Wednesday -- also almost the same size as a mondo at TDM.

It was disappointing that they had just normal tomato and not Pico de dallo like taco del mar. Pico adds a pleasant tangy zing to TDMs burritos. The rice was dark in color and i could barely taste it. The salsa resembled store bought salsa and lacked the punch offered by TDMs. The refried beans left a bad taste in my mouth. and lastly, the chicken was bland.

After eating 3/4 of the burrito i wanted to cry, i didn't want anymore, but i didn't wanna throw it out -- it cost me a lot. Somehow i managed to force myself to finish it, but an pleasant taste lingered in my mouth after. If i could describe the taste in one word i would say dull.

I can't say with certainty that their food is horrible since i've only tried it once. I may have just gotten a bad batch, or a bad combination of toppings. But after that one burrito i don't want to try another.

This is just my opinion, but keep in mind that i'm an expert on food, I've been eating it for nearly 20 years now. I know my stuff.
Old 04-16-2014 at 11:44 AM   #9
camelsrfun

Liked: 12 Times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8Jtm1eNpeU
Old 04-16-2014 at 04:46 PM   #10
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

I agree, Burrito Boyz is the best burrito place in Hamilton I've been to.

@Kudos I totally miss Jimmy Gringos too!! It was so convenient being close to Mac
Old 04-17-2014 at 04:25 PM   #11
Bigmacfatpack

Liked: 13 Times

Burrito Boyz is the best place in Hamilton (located downtown) for burritos. They've got a lot of locations around the GTA, and definitely some loyal customers!

BB