MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
L>LoL friends :) xRain Gaming 7 10-17-2013 08:09 PM
hi friends Homeschooling Introduce Yourself 2 05-10-2013 09:28 PM
Friends jeboi7 Movies & Television 11 09-30-2011 06:04 AM
Guy Friends/Girl Friends lizziepizzie Dating & Relationships 101 10-18-2010 09:01 PM
You Have 0 Friends syan9184 Movies & Television 18 04-17-2010 08:51 PM

New Friends Needed

Old 10-22-2013 at 07:45 PM   #1
pennylane

Liked: 0 Times

New Friends Needed
I can't believe I'm posting this. This is definitely a low point for me lol. I'm a third year student living off campus. Lately I've been feeling indifferent towards my group of friends. I feel as though I've outgrown them and that we have little in common. I'd really like to make new friends but I'm pretty shy, so here I am...posting on an online forum looking for friends.....

Haha, feel free to message me if you don't have any friends either!
Old 10-22-2013 at 09:34 PM   #2
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Hey,

I read your post and you mentioned your shy. Sometimes it helps to find some common ground to use as an "ice-breaker" of some sort when talking to new people. In addition to trying here, which you could, you should also try talking to people before/after class/tutorials. Hopefully you and them have some time afterward to have a quick but decent enough chat to see if you'd like to continue talking to them!

Best,

Humza
Old 11-10-2013 at 10:06 AM   #3
mohdnours

Liked: 0 Times

a friend? What about a slave?

Call now! 0-900-840-5185!
Old 11-11-2013 at 12:57 AM   #4
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Hey pennylane!

There are many ways to meet new friends. Come on the MacInsiders Chatroom to chat with members http://www.macinsiders.com/chat

Join some MSU clubs on campus, its a great way to meet new people and make new friends.

Volunteer to be a co-ordinator for one of the MSU-run leadership events like CLAY or HORIZONS... these conferences are extremely fun to help run and I met some of my closest Mac friends through these events. The co-ordinator staff teams get to know each other really well when planning and running the event. Learn more at:

https://www.msumcmaster.ca/services-directory/1-clay

https://www.msumcmaster.ca/services-...hip-conference

Applications should go up early in the year next year