MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Level 2 Communication process reem767 Academics 1 08-15-2012 05:45 PM
How long does it take to process an OSAP application? sarah2874 Financial Aid 1 08-02-2012 03:42 PM
The NEW and IMPROVED Ontario Student Assistance Program starts 2012-2013! jim1 MacInsiders Announcements 8 06-02-2012 10:50 AM
a little help with admission process soody First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 01-29-2012 06:54 AM

New & Improved OSAP Process

The Office of Student Financial Aid & Scholarships (SFAS) would like to introduce the NEW and IMPROVED OSAP Process, starting in the Fall of 2012.

This Fall there is NO in-person OSAP Release. You may see our "NO PICK-UP, NO PAPERS, NO LINES" posters around the University. OSAP funding will be distributed to a student's McMaster student account and/or personal bank account by direct deposit following the confirmation of enrolment, completed by the SFAS Office. The SFAS Office will begin to confirm student enrolment on the first day of the study period.

Once a week, OSAP alert messages will be sent via email to students who have had their enrolment confirmed that week. Students should allow 10 business days to receive their funding. It is the student's responsibility to check the payment of tuition fees and that all funding is received. Checking your status includes checking your OSAP status online, your McMaster account statement via MUGSI and your personal bank account for a deposit from the federal government.

For more information about the new OSAP process, please go to http://sfas.mcmaster.ca/osap.html or the OSAP website at https://osap.gov.on.ca.

Demovibutler, m.lam, speirac, SweetyTweety all say thanks to SFAS Service for this post.

Published by

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 08-28-2012 at 12:05 AM   #2
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times
Great big step in the right direction! This is going to save so much time for everyone!

I do have one question though about how the funds are received. Does McMaster automatically get what we owe them first and the remanning deposited into our accounts or do we get the entire lump sum and then we have to pay McMaster?

Old 08-28-2012 at 01:03 AM   #3
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times
How do they know we've enrolled or not if we don't have to show up in person :O. By the way on my student accounts transactions, there is already a deduction of x dollars. Does that mean I already got the money?

Old 08-28-2012 at 07:01 AM   #4
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzyrio View Post
Great big step in the right direction! This is going to save so much time for everyone!

I do have one question though about how the funds are received. Does McMaster automatically get what we owe them first and the remanning deposited into our accounts or do we get the entire lump sum and then we have to pay McMaster?
Depends on what option you selected on your OSAP application. Did you not get any e-mails from the SFAS office sent to your McMaster e-mail regarding that?

Old 08-28-2012 at 01:32 PM   #5
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times
I just told them to use OSAP to deduct it from the tuition fee. Nope, no emails yet.

Old 09-02-2012 at 08:42 PM   #6
jessbuggy

Liked: 1 Time
How do they figure your bank information? It was not part of the application.

Old 09-02-2012 at 08:45 PM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessbuggy View Post
How do they figure your bank information? It was not part of the application.
Yes it is. It's the information you have to provide on your MFSAA.

Old 09-02-2012 at 09:04 PM   #8
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Yes it is. It's the information you have to provide on your MFSAA.
Yep, Jeremy is right, when you gave them a void cheque, that was for your banking information (which are the numbers at the bottom of any cheque).

Old 09-02-2012 at 10:11 PM   #9
xxorianna

Liked: 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angoose View Post
How do they know we've enrolled or not if we don't have to show up in person :O. By the way on my student accounts transactions, there is already a deduction of x dollars. Does that mean I already got the money?
The school tells OSAP that you're enrolled once classes start.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search