Recent MSU Job Postings Chad MacInsiders Announcements 16 07-22-2008 01:12 AM
Recent MSU Job Postings Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-22-2008 12:45 AM

New MSU Job Postings

Old 01-25-2009 at 12:51 PM   #15
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
'Tis hiring time. It allows all the current managers to train the new ones before the end of March.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 01-25-2009 at 12:54 PM   #16
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times
It's true. The IRC is currently having nomination periods in some residences so we can transition them prior to the year ending. Whidden's nomination period is closed =( My time is almost over

Old 01-25-2009 at 12:57 PM   #17
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Mine too... :(

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 01-25-2009 at 04:58 PM   #18
DavidR

Liked: 87 Times
I'm all for student jobs - but why is MACGreen for instance a paid position? How is it different than any other club on campus? I've yet to see anything useful come out of MACGreen over the past 5 years except travel mugs.

Also - why does a spirit leader for the MSU need to get paid? Doesn't spirit come from within - not from a pay cheque? Based on what I saw this year - not much happens with this position either... MSU Olympics were a bit of a disaster - and I attended a meeting called by Rohan where he didn't even show up.

By all means have student jobs - but I hate that my fees go towards useless things / things that shouldn't be paid (in my opinion, of course).

Let the disagreeing begin!

Old 02-11-2009 at 01:30 PM   #19
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

The director and executive of MacGreen are paid. The rest of volunteer base is not, however.

Most of the planning done for Maroons is for Welcome Week, unless Rohan says otherwise?

Old 02-11-2009 at 01:31 PM   #20
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Compass Is Hiring For Csr Positions
Applications are being accepted for 2009-2010 Customer Service Representative. Application deadline is 12 noon, Wednesday, March 4, 2009. Apply on-line through the MSU web site, e-mail resume to [email protected] , or drop off your resume in MUSC-201.

Apply if you have the following skills:
excellent customer service skills
cash/inventory handling skills
organizational skills
resourcefulness
attention to detail
initiative
quick learner
ability to multi-task
work independently and in team setting
knowledge of MSU, University student services and McMaster campus

Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. View job description on the Compass website www.msu.mcmaster.ca/compass .

Old 06-04-2009 at 07:14 PM   #21
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Currently available:
  • Underground CSRs
  • Marmor Production Editor
  • Marmor Photo/Copy Editor.
Click here for more info.

Old 06-04-2009 at 07:22 PM   #22
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times
The marmor jobs likely won't be hired until closer to September.

If you are interested in photography/good with an SLR or enjoy layout design and know how to use InDesign (or are willing to learn), I would highly recommend applying to work here. It's definitely a great place to enhance your skills.
I was a production editor last year and I can definitely say that working at the Marmor was probably the best job I've had. Much <3 for that department!

Old 06-08-2009 at 11:07 PM   #23
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times
Yay Marmor!

PS. Where's their office now?

Old 06-09-2009 at 08:01 AM   #24
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times
I don't work there anymore so I'm not sure what happened. They could be in the same spot, in with the underground, or who knows where.

Old 08-21-2009 at 12:15 PM   #25
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Totally resurrecting an old thread again...but the following jobs are available for September in the MSU:
  • MACgreen Waste Reduction Coordinator
  • MACgreen Environmental Events Coordinator
  • MACgreen Alternative Transportation Coordinator
  • Undercovers Manager
  • SCSN Community Resource Assisstant
  • Poll Clerk
  • Silhouette Distribution Coordinator
  • Silhouette Assistant Sports Editor
  • Network Assistant
  • Web Editor
Due dates for these applications vary.

In order to see the job descriptions for these positions (as well as apply) you must create an account with the MSU and log in.

Old 08-24-2009 at 04:22 PM   #26
dadanny

Liked: 0 Times
where is the website to apply for the poll clerk?

Old 08-24-2009 at 04:41 PM   #27
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013
MSU Staff

Liked: 360 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadanny View Post
where is the website to apply for the poll clerk?
msumcmaster.ca

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 08-24-2009 at 06:05 PM   #28
dadanny

Liked: 0 Times
cool beans, thanks lots!

Old 08-24-2009 at 06:16 PM   #29
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times
Ah poo...made an account and was reading about some of the jobs and forgot I'm ineligible.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search