MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Last day for parking app KuNFuZeD Automotive & Transportation 6 09-08-2010 04:30 PM
acceptance rates??? macculkin Academics 2 01-15-2010 12:27 AM
Parking Rates Allan General Discussion 6 06-09-2009 10:56 AM
Parking?? WekSos General Discussion 2 11-22-2008 01:53 AM
Parking? SaraM General Discussion 25 07-28-2008 03:23 PM

New Parking Rates

New Parking Rates

Parking Rates for 2009/2010

Alternative to Default Parking Lots:
All undergraduate or graduate students may apply for parking in the underground stadium garage at the rate of $97.00 per month

Lots M, Lot N, O and P Outlined Below:
Undergraduate Parking: Default Lot M only
Graduate Parking: Default Lots N, O or P

Term 1 September to December
$172.00

Term 2 January to April
$172.00

Full Term September to April
$ 344.00

Monthly $43.00 per month

Parking Rate for Stadium Underground Outlined Below

Term 1 September to December
$388.00

Term 2 January to April
$388.00

Full Term September to April
$776.00

Monthly $97.00 per month

Parking rates include a $14.00 parking levy
All prices include PST and GST (R 119 035 988)
Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 03-13-2009 at 04:04 PM   #2
Kevin

Liked: 1 Time
How hard is it to get a parking pass for the full term? Like is there a waiting list or something, or would I pretty much be guaranteed to get it if I applied?
Also, if I do get it, would there ever be an instance where the parking lot is full when I get there? I'm an undergraduate, so my lot would be M.
Thanks.

Old 03-13-2009 at 04:53 PM   #3
webzn

Liked: 17 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
How hard is it to get a parking pass for the full term? Like is there a waiting list or something, or would I pretty much be guaranteed to get it if I applied?
Also, if I do get it, would there ever be an instance where the parking lot is full when I get there? I'm an undergraduate, so my lot would be M.
Thanks.
I've been parking in lot M for a long time, and, there has never been an instance where it is FULL. You may get a crapy spot, but, I've never seen it full.

As for the waiting list, they make it sound like there is, but in my experience (I always got mine after the school session started), there has never been a waiting list. In fact, when I went to register for the very first time, I was laughed at for asking about a waiting list.

Old 03-13-2009 at 05:46 PM   #4
Matt Wright

Liked: 49 Times
I would like to encourage everyone to try and focus on carpooling for the upcoming school year 09/10. We should be making an effort to reduce carbon emissions. Another benefit of carpooling is the fact that you could split the cost of parking with a housemate or friend.

This being said, there is a ton of parking at McMaster, and often times you will have to shuttle from the lots to campus, making it much easier to either take the bus, ride a bike or walk. For the $800 spent on parking for the year, you could buy a pretty fantastic bike and get some great exercise or use that HSR pass that we all get thanks to our student fees

lorend, Maegs all say thanks to Matt Wright for this post.

Old 03-13-2009 at 06:16 PM   #5
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Wright View Post
I would like to encourage everyone to try and focus on carpooling for the upcoming school year 09/10. We should be making an effort to reduce carbon emissions. Another benefit of carpooling is the fact that you could split the cost of parking with a housemate or friend.

This being said, there is a ton of parking at McMaster, and often times you will have to shuttle from the lots to campus, making it much easier to either take the bus, ride a bike or walk. For the $800 spent on parking for the year, you could buy a pretty fantastic bike and get some great exercise or use that HSR pass that we all get thanks to our student fees
Awesome comment Matt. <3

Also, if you live in close distance to GO Transit, it's a lot cheaper to buy monthly (or even ten-ride passes if driving on to campus is neccessary more than once a week) GO passes as you save a lot of money on gas as well.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 03-13-2009 at 08:11 PM   #6
Kevin

Liked: 1 Time
Lot M is the parking lot where you take the shuttle bus by Keyes to, right?

Old 03-13-2009 at 08:17 PM   #7
webzn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Lot M is the parking lot where you take the shuttle bus by Keyes to, right?
Lots M, N, O, and P all link to the shuttle that goes to Keyes

Old 03-14-2009 at 03:26 AM   #8
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Wright View Post

Me and a couple friends are trying to set up a carpool; it probably won't happen this year, but I could see it happening the next.

The benefits are obvious for riding a bike/taking the HSR, but being a student that spends an hour at least every day going to school (and an hour back), I'm going to say that it is the biggest pain in terms of time management. It's honestly easier said, then done.

Old 03-14-2009 at 03:24 PM   #9
webzn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyK View Post
The benefits are obvious for riding a bike/taking the HSR, but being a student that spends an hour at least every day going to school (and an hour back), I'm going to say that it is the biggest pain in terms of time management. It's honestly easier said, then done.
The reason I ended up getting a car is because I got fed up of it taking me over 1h30min to get to school or back home, and buses would only come for my area every 30 minutes. I live in Ancaster, it takes me 20-30 minutes to be from my house to my class. I'd rather be able to take the bus, but, I wanted my 2hours a day back

Old 03-14-2009 at 10:53 PM   #10
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times
don't forget about MSU's Ride Board service
http://www.msumcmaster.ca/servicesan...lInfo/home.htm

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search