MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Moving the Phoenix lizziepizzie General Discussion 21 06-07-2011 01:49 PM
Phoenix in August homeskillet Body & Food 1 07-31-2010 11:31 AM
Parking at Phoenix VastHorizon Automotive & Transportation 11 06-18-2010 08:21 PM
Bright new future for hybrids? Fight0 General Discussion 45 08-12-2009 01:23 PM
Working Part-Time: Good Idea or Bad Idea? lorend Jobs & Employment Tips 2 02-28-2008 01:10 PM

New Phoenix Location - Whose bright idea???

Old 10-02-2011 at 09:00 PM   #16
stevennevets

Liked: 36 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
wheres the bike store gonna be moved to then =[
They have no idea. But it'll be figured out soon. Probably.
Old 10-03-2011 at 09:06 AM   #17
dimoxyel
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 7 Times

Twelvechars - I admit, I've only been once. But between that and having walked past it in the evenings, I'm estimating that the sound level will be enough to get into Wally. (Again, the windows there are rather poor, but because it's a semi-historical building, they haven't been replaced with anything more substantial)

Tailsnake - I admit, other options are incredibly limited, if available at all. It doesn't change the possibility of sound concerns, especially from people leaving the bar. Again, I lived in Wally - When you get a couple of rowdy, possibly-intoxicated people wandering through the quad at night, it's a significant disturbance.

Zango - That's true. I forgot that noise regulations kick in at 11pm. That's not too bad, time-wise. Still, I think people leaving the bar or standing outside to smoke could be a concern.

Multiple replies - I was unaware that that building used to be a bar. I've only ever seen it as Bridges plus a small exam/conference-style room. In that case, I suppose they'd have a good idea of what they'd be dealing with.

I guess I partially got defensive because I am rather fond of Wallingford as being very peaceful most of the time, and I didn't want that to be changed for any incoming Wally girls. I still have my concerns, but I guess we'll see how things turn out when it opens up.
Old 10-03-2011 at 12:39 PM   #18
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

If you've ever actually been to the Phoenix there's not a whole lot of rowdiness. It's a much more social as opposed to drinking atmosphere. Approximately half of the people there will be profs or grad students, and a good portion of the undergrads are 3rd and 4th years. This isn't to dismiss your concern, but I'm trying to say that its not like 1280 or Snooty Fox is moving in next door.

As for MacCycle, the MSU is doing a space audit this year of MSU space, so that issue will likely be dealt with soon.
Old 10-03-2011 at 01:27 PM   #19
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

The move was announced in the summer. There was a big article about it in the Sil, and I too was surprised when I heard about it then. I just hope that they'll be able to maintain the stmosphere of the Pheonix as it was in Wentworth House.

Last edited by lizziepizzie : 10-03-2011 at 01:33 PM.