MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Shoppers Across From Mac Progressing Chad MacInsiders Announcements 7 03-15-2012 10:20 PM
starbucks in mcmaster 737300173 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 21 09-25-2011 11:50 PM
Starbucks chey27 General Discussion 9 10-01-2009 08:51 AM

New Shoppers and Starbucks Update

Old 06-14-2012 at 09:38 AM   #15
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times
flow dynamics? haha man people are critically analyzing a coffee shop? Its a starbucks, great drinks, maybe a bit overpriced, and a nice atmosphere to relax in if there are open tables. this isnt a space program you are analyzing here, just a starbucks, enjoy it for what it is

Old 06-14-2012 at 10:50 AM   #16
kimzy

Liked: 48 Times
I understand what Bushra is saying. Ive past by there about 3 days in a row now and the same set of people are always there taking up tables. Its like their new house now. I get that its relaxing and all but I think people should be more courteous and allow other patrons to use the facility as well.

Maybe they should have a time limit enforced like other places.

terrafirma likes this.

Old 06-14-2012 at 10:53 AM   #17
Chris23
Account Locked

Crazy concept here, but i think starbucks will taste the same whether you drink it in the store, or if you go somewhere else and drink it. I dont think their management is really worried about who gets the seats inside, they are going to sell their product regardless

Old 06-14-2012 at 11:19 AM   #18
mc_kumar

Liked: 13 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
I prefer small pharmacies. The one at MUSC knows me by name and are great with filling out my scrips, even in a rush before they close when I've needed them. I will still go to them vs Shoppers, but if they're closed, I'll go to Shoppers.

I feel like you're going to get a lot of people at Starbucks who sit there all day. I could be wrong because the only Starbucks I have any experience with is the one near Square One which is a very high traffic area and wasn't previously near any universities, but that's just my thoughts on it. I also have a feeling this could get annoying really fast if people save an entire table for 5 people at one time and you need to sit down. Could be wrong and if so, I'd love to hear more about the flow dynamics at Starbucks.
Im pretty sure McMaster Pharmacy overcharges like crazy on their products. I bought a toothbrush for like $4.

Chris23 likes this.

Old 06-14-2012 at 02:21 PM   #19
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
flow dynamics? haha man people are critically analyzing a coffee shop? Its a starbucks, great drinks, maybe a bit overpriced, and a nice atmosphere to relax in if there are open tables. this isnt a space program you are analyzing here, just a starbucks, enjoy it for what it is
Quote:

Crazy concept here, but i think starbucks will taste the same whether you drink it in the store, or if you go somewhere else and drink it
. I dont think their management is really worried about who gets the seats inside, they are going to sell their product regardless
A nice atmosphere to relax is irrelevant if you drink it outside then.

True, the owner of the place has no reasons to care about seeing the same people there all the time, but then you can't really use your previous point to defend the place.

Old 06-14-2012 at 03:25 PM   #20
Chris23
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Fire View Post
A nice atmosphere to relax is irrelevant if you drink it outside then.

True, the owner of the place has no reasons to care about seeing the same people there all the time, but then you can't really use your previous point to defend the place.
notice the IF in that statement. If you dont like the starbucks or the way its run, stop complaining and just dont go! Im sure they will do just fine without some disgruntled people's business. I know ill be stopping in regularly

Old 06-14-2012 at 04:05 PM   #21
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times
Quote:
notice the IF in that statement. If you dont like the starbucks or the way its run, stop complaining and just dont go! Im sure they will do just fine without some disgruntled people's business. I know ill be stopping in regularly
I'm not complaining. I'm just pointing out a contradiction in what you said. Take that however you want.

kimzy likes this.

Old 07-03-2012 at 07:10 PM   #22
noel_105

Liked: 0 Times
Where is the Starbucks and Shoppers located? I'll be arriving in September and I'm curious

Old 07-03-2012 at 07:18 PM   #23
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noel_105 View Post
Where is the Starbucks and Shoppers located? I'll be arriving in September and I'm curious
Across the street from the hospital, Main and Emerson.

noel_105 says thanks to jhan523 for this post.

Old 07-03-2012 at 08:18 PM   #24
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times
Grand opening specials worth writing home about?

Old 07-04-2012 at 12:31 PM   #25
newbo

Liked: 17 Times
Sweet now I can get my stimulants and depressants in the same spot.

N.Cheng, Osama, RememberTwce like this.

Old 08-23-2012 at 11:41 PM   #26
croissant

Liked: 0 Times
Starbucks and Meal Plan?
Can you use your meal plan at starbucks?

Old 08-24-2012 at 11:12 AM   #27
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
No: http://hospitality.mcmaster. ca/loc...offcampus.html

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search