MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Timetable changes catnguyen First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 08-08-2011 10:27 PM
Please help with my timetable. ruby101 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 08-11-2010 10:07 PM
My Mock Timetable vs. Assigned Timetable Theashe First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-11-2010 01:57 PM
Course Timetable MarissaK First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 06-25-2009 09:48 PM
Can someone help me with timetable? comtoxic First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-10-2008 10:19 PM

New to this - Timetable help please!?

Old 08-08-2011 at 07:31 AM   #1
omgwtfitsp
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 30 Times

New to this - Timetable help please!?
Hey guys, I only signed up here to ask for some help. I'm new to all this stuff and this is my first year. So, way back we were suppose to select our courses riight? They said to make a planned out timetable so I did. I printed off the 2 blank timetable sheets and selected my cores, tuts, and labs, to which I thought fit nicely into my schedule. I have it all marked down on paper.

So when selecting it on SOLAR, I selected all the courses, but was not able to pick most of the cores, tuts, or labs that I had picked for my schedule. I didn't think much of it until now.

I just got on to see my timetable and its CRAZY. It's nothing as I planned at all. It's waay worse! What do I do about this? When was I suppose to select all my cores, tuts, and labs!??

I'm actually just going crazy now. Can someone help me out please? T__T
Old 08-08-2011 at 07:34 AM   #2
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

On August 10, at 8:30 a.m., you should go on SOLAR, under the "Undergrad Course Selection for Fall 2011/Winter 2012." It will have a new option for you to select your cores and labs.

HOWEVER, you are limited to the timeslots that are still open (e.g. there are seats available), and it's usually not the one you want/need that's open.

luna_yi_hui says thanks to justinsftw for this post.
Old 08-08-2011 at 07:43 AM   #3
ayiri

Liked: 7 Times

Don't worry. The process of making ur schedule starts with picking what courses you want does not give you the option of selecting the cores, tutorials or labs. Then solar randomly generates a schedule for you including the placement of tutorials and labs and cores which you were not able to pick before. After this, as mentioned above, on the 10th you have the ability to rearrange these tutorials, labs and cores to make it the way you want (or at least try to).
Old 08-08-2011 at 07:44 AM   #4
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

You can't select your cores, labs, and tuts when you sign up for courses. SOLAR automatically generates a timetable for you that's conflict free. Whether you choose to stick with that one is entirely up to you.

You make your own mock timetable to have another option in case the one that SOLAR automatically makes for you sucks shit, which I assume yours does. When SOLAR re-opens on the 10th, go in and hand-pick the cores, labs, and tuts that you want, but bear in mind they're most likely full. If this is a huge problem you can talk to your course coordinator when you get to school and he/she'll manually put you in the sections you want to be in.

Mine's pretty bad too: http://www.macinsiders.com/showpost....&postcount=105

BUT, I've got a sweet mock timetable for second semester so I'm gonna change that as soon as I can.
Old 08-08-2011 at 08:09 AM   #5
omgwtfitsp
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 30 Times

Wow, thanks you guys for giving me the info. I didn't know SOLAR automatically generates one for you. Phew, at least that's a little relief. THANK YOU