MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
McMaster Rowing is Looking for Novice Recruits macrow.media Athletics & Recreation 51 09-10-2010 03:11 PM
commuting to mcmaster Jobbles Automotive & Transportation 13 09-09-2010 09:43 AM
Novice Sports? CourtneyF First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-23-2010 01:39 PM
McMaster Engineering Launches Registration Tutorial Video Series Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 06-05-2009 08:28 AM
Bedlam Executives Kick Off New Video Game Career Series at McMaster Gene MacInsiders Announcements 2 01-14-2009 03:18 PM

The Novice Cyclist Series: Commuting 101 – McMaster to Habourfront

What: The Novice Cyclist Series: Commuting 101 – McMaster to Habourfront
When: Friday Nov. 12 @ 12pm (noon)
Where: Meet in front of Wentworth House

Learn how to get from Point A to point B on your bike! This friendly afternoon bike ride will show you how to get from McMaster University to the Hamilton Harbourfront on two wheels. Meet in front of Wentworth House at 12pm (noon). We will start at Mac, go east on Sterling, east on King, north on Longwood and take the Harbourfront trail to the Williams Coffee Pub (maybe grab a bite there too!). Before the ride, we will review sk...ills such as riding within traffic, signaling, stopping at stop signs, changing lanes, and making left turns. This is the first ride in the Novice Cyclist series. Beginner cyclists are especially welcome, but experienced cyclists are also encouraged to come out to help facilitate learning.

Presented by TLC (Transporation for Liveable Communities), The Novice Cyclist is a series of bike rides in Hamilton that is meant to foster learning. The ultimate purpose of these rides is to get more cyclists on the road and promote cycling as a viable method of commuting to get to work, school and other destinations. Participants will learn and practice essential skills (such as following traffic rules, changing lanes, and signaling) to break myths and fears associated with cycling on the road.
Published by

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 11-10-2010 at 12:15 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times
I bike that way all the time.. stopped because: both of my bike locks broke, the construction on Longwood, and ******* cyclist-hating-drivers.

Joey likes this.

Old 11-10-2010 at 12:41 PM   #3
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times
Sounds fun. Too bad I prefer to rollerblade instead. Only drawback is that the roads are terrible in Hamilton.

Old 11-10-2010 at 12:42 PM   #4
Joey

Liked: 17 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
I bike that way all the time.. stopped because: both of my bike locks broke, the construction on Longwood, and ******* cyclist-hating-drivers.
I bike in everyday from Dundas and any and all intersections suck. No one sees me at stop lights and at 4-ways I get ignored. >.<

I wish I was around on friday I have actually wanted to go to the harbor front for a while just never had the time to do it.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search