MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First year nursing student :P anyone else taking nursing and if not message still :) C.RUMBLE Introduce Yourself 9 08-27-2010 12:56 PM
Second Year Admissions Fawkes Academics 2 05-21-2010 07:34 PM
2nd year admissions jeff_arato Academics 1 05-30-2009 12:41 PM
Commerce Admissions!! caitlin555 Academics 6 02-24-2009 09:14 AM

Nursing Admissions

Old 02-02-2010 at 04:47 PM   #1
Jellybeanz

Liked: 23 Times

Nursing Admissions
Do high school students (with an 87% + average) who have applied to McMaster's nursing program usually get accepted around the same time as students who have applied to Humanities I, Social Sciences I, etc. (so around February-March ish)?
Old 02-02-2010 at 04:54 PM   #2
mac-gal

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybeanz View Post
Do high school students (with an 87% + average) who have applied to McMaster's nursing program usually get accepted around the same time as students who have applied to Humanities I, Social Sciences I, etc. (so around February-March ish)?
In my experience, if you hit the top end or exceed the estimated cut-off average you'll get in February/March - it's only Health Science, Arts & Science and Integrated Science that have to wait for their offers until May because their supplementary applications have to be reviewed.

At least that's the way I understand it to work. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?
Old 02-02-2010 at 04:58 PM   #3
Nicole

Liked: 2 Times

I remember that I got accepeted to the nursing program in February/March. It depends on early admissions and such, but since there is not supplementary application, you don't have to wait till May like Health Sci, Arts Sci or I-Sci.
Old 02-02-2010 at 09:01 PM   #4
Jellybeanz

Liked: 23 Times

Thanks!
Old 02-02-2010 at 09:17 PM   #5
shleyaa

Liked: 8 Times

Yeah, I had to wait around February-March as well. So you still have time Good luck!