MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First year nursing student :P anyone else taking nursing and if not message still :) C.RUMBLE Introduce Yourself 9 08-27-2010 12:56 PM
Nursing students - please help me make my time table? I have no clue? memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 06-27-2010 08:35 PM
IRIS: A Drama Production by Students for Students lorend First Year Success 0 06-06-2008 02:57 PM

Nursing Students

Old 12-11-2009 at 06:19 PM   #1
Charbs

Liked: 33 Times

Nursing Students
Does anyone know whether our averages are weighted or not? If anatomy is 6 units, does our grade in it have a bigger bearing on our overall average? Or is it a true average of just the course grades divided by the total number of courses we take?
I tried to get Dr. Campbell to find this out for me, but she never got back to me on it.
If anyone in upper year or anyone who knows the answer could reply.
THANKS
Old 12-11-2009 at 08:13 PM   #2
davey
Elite Member

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbs View Post
Does anyone know whether our averages are weighted or not? If anatomy is 6 units, does our grade in it have a bigger bearing on our overall average? Or is it a true average of just the course grades divided by the total number of courses we take?
I tried to get Dr. Campbell to find this out for me, but she never got back to me on it.
If anyone in upper year or anyone who knows the answer could reply.
THANKS
6 units counts as the same weight as two 3 unit courses.

so getting an 10 in anatomy is the same getting both a 10 in psych 1x03 AND a 10 in psych 1xx3. However, what you get at the end of 1st term in anatomy doesn't count for anything at all. It's the mark that you get second semester that is final.
Old 12-11-2009 at 08:20 PM   #3
Charbs

ok, so it's not weighted, which is good, because that means that our other courses can really boost our mark in anatomy....
I DO however, know that our marks this year is an average of the first and second semester...
Old 12-11-2009 at 09:44 PM   #4
davey
Elite Member

Liked: 14 Times

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by weighted, but answering this question should make it more clear:

"If anatomy is 6 units, does our grade in it have a bigger bearing on our overall average".

Yes.

and yes, the mark for anatomy is averaged over the two terms, therefore the mark that you get this term doesn't mean anything. If its shitty, you can always do great next term to bring it up and if it's amazing, you have to do amazing next term to keep it up too. The final mark that you get at the end dictates what you got on the entire 6 units.
Old 12-12-2009 at 09:36 PM   #5
Charbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey View Post
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by weighted, but answering this question should make it more clear:

"If anatomy is 6 units, does our grade in it have a bigger bearing on our overall average".

Yes.

and yes, the mark for anatomy is averaged over the two terms, therefore the mark that you get this term doesn't mean anything. If its shitty, you can always do great next term to bring it up and if it's amazing, you have to do amazing next term to keep it up too. The final mark that you get at the end dictates what you got on the entire 6 units.
oooo sorry I interpreted what you said as 1st semester literally doesn't affect the grade lol. But yeah, I wanted to do well this semester so I'm less stressed next semester about doing ridiculously well, just well enough to keep a decent grade at the least.
and that sucks, stupid weighted grades. lol
thanks for the info
Old 12-27-2009 at 08:15 PM   #6
Charbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklm553 View Post
dunk sb cheap nike dunk sbnike sb

ummmm?
Old 12-27-2009 at 08:16 PM   #7
sew12
Elite Member