MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Time Table review :) jon.john23 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-10-2010 06:06 AM
Need help with my time table. thisisje First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 06-12-2010 10:48 PM
Check out my time table Kali First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-10-2010 09:41 PM
Making a time table Kali First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 06-08-2010 03:48 PM
on my time table... sj316 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-12-2008 11:35 AM

Nursing students - please help me make my time table? I have no clue?

Old 06-25-2010 at 07:09 PM   #1
memyselfandi

Liked: 0 Times

Nursing students - please help me make my time table? I have no clue?
On the Mac website it says this for courses

Level I: 30 units
(Units graded: 24; Units Pass/Fail: 6)

9 units HTH SCI 1LL3, 1H06
12 units
NURSING 1F03, 1G03, 1I02, 1J02, 1K02
6 units PSYCH 1X03, 1XX3 (McMaster and Mohawk sites); or PSYCH 1N03, 1NN3 (Conestoga site)
3 units Electives
2 courses �
NURSING 1A00, HTH SCI 1BS0

um, so. does that mean the above courses are the ones I absolutely have to take? and I don't get the units? so it says 3 units of electives...how do I know how many units is what? so confused! OMG!!!
Old 06-25-2010 at 07:22 PM   #2
Jellybeanz

Liked: 23 Times

1 half-year course = 3 units (So, any course with a three at the end. For example, ANTHRO 1Z03). And, yes, those are the courses you have to take.

memyselfandi says thanks to Jellybeanz for this post.
Old 06-25-2010 at 07:23 PM   #3
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by memyselfandi View Post
On the Mac website it says this for courses

Level I: 30 units
(Units graded: 24; Units Pass/Fail: 6)

9 units HTH SCI 1LL3, 1H06
12 units
NURSING 1F03, 1G03, 1I02, 1J02, 1K02
6 units PSYCH 1X03, 1XX3 (McMaster and Mohawk sites); or PSYCH 1N03, 1NN3 (Conestoga site)
3 units Electives
2 courses �
NURSING 1A00, HTH SCI 1BS0

um, so. does that mean the above courses are the ones I absolutely have to take? and I don't get the units? so it says 3 units of electives...how do I know how many units is what? so confused! OMG!!!
Basically you have to take all those courses except for Psych since you can choose between either Psych 1X03/1XX3 and Psych 1N03/1NN3.

3 units elective means you can take any 3 unit course you want. You should choose depending on where you strengths and/or interests lie.

The last number in every course outline is the amount of units a course is worth. Most are 3 or 6 but there are courses that are worth 0, 1, 2, 4, 5, 9 and even in the double digits.

memyselfandi says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 06-26-2010 at 08:45 AM   #4
Jellybeanz

Liked: 23 Times

I'm pretty sure that for nursing, the way your schedule is set-up, you pick your 3 unit elective course 1st term. So if you find an elective course that interests you, make sure that it's offered in term 1.

memyselfandi says thanks to Jellybeanz for this post.
Old 06-26-2010 at 09:03 AM   #5
Charbs

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybeanz View Post
I'm pretty sure that for nursing, the way your schedule is set-up, you pick your 3 unit elective course 1st term. So if you find an elective course that interests you, make sure that it's offered in term 1.

Yes, first year... elective is during 1st term, and biochem replaces that elective in 2nd semester.

And for the psych, make sure you pick the one appopriate to your site, so mac/mohawk vs. conestoga

The nursing program is pretty structured... the only class you get to choose right now is your elective...

and if you are in the Mo-Mac stream I would suggest doing a mohawk elective ... because Mac ones are offered during the summer if you wanted to get ahead, whereas the Mohawk (collab) electives are not

memyselfandi says thanks to Charbs for this post.
Old 06-26-2010 at 07:48 PM   #6
memyselfandi

ok wow thanks everyone!
I still have 1 more question.

How do I know which courses are in term 1 and which are in term 2? and why are some courses 2 units and 0 units?

p.s: I'm at the Mac site.
Old 06-26-2010 at 08:18 PM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
ok wow thanks everyone!
I still have 1 more question.

How do I know which courses are in term 1 and which are in term 2? and why are some courses 2 units and 0 units?

p.s: I'm at the Mac site.
For information on courses: https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /mtt/

That's just the way they are, usually 0 unit courses are pass or fail and constitute things like safety. Basically nothing academic related, but needed for other courses.

Old 06-26-2010 at 09:23 PM   #8
memyselfandi

thanks!!! and just 1 more question...what does it mean when it says term 3? for nur 1k02 it says term 3? is that offered in both terms 1 and 2?

oh and also do you think 10 min between two classes is too little time?

Last edited by memyselfandi : 06-26-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 06-26-2010 at 09:39 PM   #9
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Term 3 is the summer term, so you have the option of doing the course in the summer if you wanted.

10 minutes is definitely enough time to get to most places. When you're going from one side of the campus to the other (ABB to TSH or something) it can be a bit tight, but definitely still doable.

memyselfandi says thanks to Marlowe for this post.
Old 06-26-2010 at 10:37 PM   #10
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
Term 3 is the summer term, so you have the option of doing the course in the summer if you wanted.

10 minutes is definitely enough time to get to most places. When you're going from one side of the campus to the other (ABB to TSH or something) it can be a bit tight, but definitely still doable.
Term 3 actually spans the entire session it's in. So for the fall/winter session, Term 3 is September to April. In spring/summer, term 3 is May to August.

Marlowe, memyselfandi all say thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 06-27-2010 at 05:47 PM   #11
memyselfandi

ok so final question

how many lectures tutorials and labs do I choose? just 1 more each class? because the list has lectures for multiple days and tutorials for multiple days too. I just choose one day for each right?
Old 06-27-2010 at 05:48 PM   #12
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
ok so final question

how many lectures tutorials and labs do I choose? just 1 more each class? because the list has lectures for multiple days and tutorials for multiple days too. I just choose one day for each right?
Just one for each course, you most likely won't be choosing your sections the first time though.

Old 06-27-2010 at 08:35 PM   #13
memyselfandi

ok thanks ALOT everyone soooooo helpful Iam all ready for solar now. thanks!