MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
off campus meal plan Chevalier General Discussion 9 09-02-2011 02:45 PM
Meal Plan for Off-Campus Students beens Residence & Housing 1 08-19-2011 09:43 PM
Off Campus Term Meal Plan MeganB214 General Discussion 2 07-20-2011 02:59 PM
Off-campus meal plan form missscarlett First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 06-14-2011 12:29 PM
Off-Campus Meal Plan ? resh.jyoti General Discussion 3 09-17-2010 09:54 AM

Off-Campus Meal Plan

Old 08-22-2015 at 03:07 PM   #1
jvelez

Liked: 0 Times

Off-Campus Meal Plan
Why should I get one or not? Is having cash/debit/credit good enough to buy food?
Old 08-22-2015 at 05:15 PM   #2
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

If you get a meal plan then you just don't have to pay tax on the foods. Most places on campus only accept cash and meal plan. Getting a meal plan is just more convenient so you don't have to carry around cash and other loose change and you don't pay the tax.
Old 08-23-2015 at 10:16 PM   #3
Ish001

Liked: 26 Times

Most places on campus now take debit. Not sure of the entire list but cafe one, iahs are two that take debit for sure.

Note that if there is excess money left over at the end of the year, it is NOT refunded. if you choose to get a plan, you can go with a smaller plan and then add on money as needed later on.
Old 08-23-2015 at 10:39 PM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish001 View Post

Note that if there is excess money left over at the end of the year, it is NOT refunded. if you choose to get a plan, you can go with a smaller plan and then add on money as needed later on.
That's a bit of an oversimplification. Only money in a specific account isn't refunded. The other two accounts are refundable. And when I was off-campus, all I did was add money as I needed it onto one of the other accounts that is refundable - there wasn't even a specific "plan" needed (though those options were available if I wanted to use them).