MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster Console LANs (Gears 3) zorattiMatt Gaming 12 08-26-2011 09:45 PM
Embedded Systems DarthFuzzy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 03-20-2011 01:00 AM
Control Systems ash0000 Academics 3 05-01-2009 07:50 AM

Old console systems and games.

Old 08-26-2011 at 04:17 AM   #1
Chri5

Liked: 0 Times

Old console systems and games.
About a month ago there was a guy that had a few tables up in the Student Centre area selling old Nintendo consoles and games etc. I didn't get a chance to look at it because I was in a rush and by the time I came back he was gone.
Does anyone know if this is a regular occurrence or maybe just a random one time thing?
Old 08-26-2011 at 04:31 AM   #2
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

It's as random as this post.

Lol but seriously I haven't seen them before, though who knows I may wana buy some games and bring out the old gear its fun to go back in time and be a kid again

Old 08-26-2011 at 04:46 AM   #3
UlteriorMtve

Liked: 199 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chri5 View Post
About a month ago there was a guy that had a few tables up in the Student Centre area selling old Nintendo consoles and games etc. I didn't get a chance to look at it because I was in a rush and by the time I came back he was gone.
Does anyone know if this is a regular occurrence or maybe just a random one time thing?
I saw him too but was in a rush. I hope he comes back. :(
Old 08-26-2011 at 05:07 AM   #4
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

He was there a lot during the summer actually. I'd always see a few people buying stuff from him, so maybe he'll be back during the school year too.
Old 08-26-2011 at 06:55 AM   #5
Willmountain
Master and Commander

Liked: 69 Times

I'll sell you a Dreamcast? hahahaha best system ever.
Old 08-26-2011 at 08:19 AM   #6
thatdudeukno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmountain View Post
I'll sell you a Dreamcast? hahahaha best system ever.
I'll buy it. I have extra controllers too. How much?
Old 08-26-2011 at 09:07 AM   #7
Johnny162

Liked: 16 Times

If this guy sold Super Nintendo games, he would be my new best friend...lol! Super Mario World WAS my childhood
Old 08-26-2011 at 09:27 AM   #8
Flash AhhAhh

Liked: 28 Times

I dunno, from what I noticed he was there a lot this summer, definitely once or twice every two weeks or so.
Old 08-26-2011
Billy Shears
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-26-2011 at 04:03 PM   #9
Grover
The Law
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 254 Times

His prices are ridiculous. I took one look and never went back.

You're better off hitting up 1UP Games near Lime Ridge on Fennell.
Old 08-26-2011 at 04:07 PM   #10
yaroslav64

Liked: 26 Times

Just use an emulator and download roms! I just beat pokemon emerald and started FF6 with zelda: Link to the past and metroid Mission Zero waiting.

britb, InvisoBill like this.
Old 08-27-2011 at 11:20 AM   #11
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaroslav64 View Post
Just use an emulator and download roms! I just beat pokemon emerald and started FF6 with zelda: Link to the past and metroid Mission Zero waiting.
I've got a PS and an N64 on my laptop... and the PS is set to run with a PS3 controller when I plug it in... muhahahaha

Any other good systems? I wish someone would figure out a PS2 for real, all the versions I know are supposed to be buggy...
Old 08-27-2011 at 12:07 PM   #12
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

You can contact someone at the MSU and ask what his company name is (if he has one) or when he's coming back. I've done this before to find out when a jewelry seller was coming back. He had to register and pay the MSU to be allowed on campus, so they will have his info somewhere.

Just email the most appropriate title you can find on this list. I'm thinking the MUSC Admin is your best bet.
https://www.msumcmaster.ca/contact.htm