orig 2lu3 Chevalier Academics 8 06-13-2011 08:19 AM
Origins 2LU3 manaya Academics 1 08-26-2010 09:41 PM
About Origins 2LU3 ae1011 Academics 1 06-08-2010 05:10 PM

orgin 3f or 2lu3

Old 01-07-2013 at 08:32 AM   #1
Annieloveedw

Liked: Liked 2 Times

orgin 3f or 2lu3
I am deciding between those two courses, I only found review on 2lu3is DO NOT take it. However I am just wondering is there anyone who took it last year?
- what content does it cover?
- how many midterms?
- can you bring a cheat sheet for the final and midterm?
- anything else that is useful to know

for 3fo3
I did not find any review for this course, so info bout this course is useful.

Thanks a lot!
Old 01-07-2013 at 08:36 AM   #2
jimimusic

Liked: 11 Times

bump............
Old 01-07-2013 at 09:02 AM   #3
Amardeep_S
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 25 Times

2LU3 was interesting I thought, but the name is deceptive. It's more geared towards an overview of the domains of life and virus'. So the basic premise is learning about life as we know it to be able to better understand how we can find life elsewhere.

Last year it was split into two parts, the first half of the course was what I said above, and was traditional lecture from Dr. Stone. Second half was based on guest lectures who did a wide range of topics all having something to do with life and it's origins from astrobiology, to learning about geological evidence to look for to determine if life exists elsewhere etc.

I found the course enjoyable, and not overtly difficult. There was a cheatsheet for both the exam and the one midterm, I didn't look at it once mostly because Dr. Stone's questions are much more conceptual than most biology courses.

Im currently in 3F03 so I can't really help there...

Hope that helps