MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
York Bio MacJk First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 04-13-2012 10:36 PM
New York trip Chevalier General Discussion 25 06-24-2011 04:54 PM
Best time to take GO bus to York? HerbalMeds General Discussion 19 01-20-2011 11:03 PM
Hello from New York! izumo13 Gaming 0 11-25-2009 04:13 PM
If We Get York 2.0... britb General Discussion 55 11-01-2009 04:28 PM

Orgo at Mac or York?

Old 04-22-2013 at 02:07 PM   #16
gggggg

Liked: 53 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
gettings 12s in another class isnt a reason for tests in another class being unfair. how did you do bad on the tests in this course if you got 10+ anyways? and it doesnt matter if you studied hard. you can still not get 12. LOL. class avg being in the 50s isnt bad anyways since this would make the class average in the mid-high 60s which is fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
Lol way to take responsibility.

@ the OP...take the time to form your own opinions. It's fine to ask for others' opinions, but don't take them as fact.

gggggg clearly blames Harrison because they didn't get a 12 in the course.
I liked Harrison as a prof and found his tests fair.

If you take the course with him, you could have a good experience, a bad one, or somewhere in the middle
lol, I did somehow implied blame on Harrison, however, "most" but not all of the people that took his class found his exam to be "unfair" and exceedingly difficult. Personally, I am sure he is a nice guy, but I do not find him to be an effective instructor at all. But seeing you are an alumni, you probably had a better exp. with him in the past, but his exams would not be considered fair if a class of intelligent students had an avg around 50s. Take my words for a grain of salt since everyone is different.

Swampis likes this.
Old 04-22-2013 at 06:58 PM   #17
kaitotst

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
I've had Harrison before and his tests were completely fair...
That`s during the year. I took it with him in the summer and it's really crammed together.
But if you think about it, this works to your advantage cause Harrison will be crunched on time to make assignments/put tests together.

For our final exam, he included practice tests that he posted up a few weeks before.

Old 04-22-2013 at 07:21 PM   #18
5.98e24

Liked: 12 Times

^ That's interesting because I took Orgo 2OB3 with him last summer and I found it wasn't bad at all, or at least not as bad as it seemed to be for 2OA3 in Fall 2012.
Old 04-22-2013 at 08:47 PM   #19
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.98e24 View Post
^ That's interesting because I took Orgo 2OB3 with him last summer and I found it wasn't bad at all, or at least not as bad as it seemed to be for 2OA3 in Fall 2012.
you took 20b3 before 20a3?
Old 04-22-2013 at 10:56 PM   #20
lifesci09

Liked: 2 Times

from what i know orgo at york is the full summer meaning its one course meaning you will write ONE exam on EVERYTHING as opposed to mac its split into 2 courses so you have less pressure on the final and can get two separate marks (i did wayyy better in the second orgo).
i suggest mac, it might be out of the way but its only three times a week...its not that bad, i commuted in summer. plus mac campus is awesome in summer!!!
Old 04-23-2013 at 01:06 AM   #21
Christ

Liked: 9 Times

I think I will be doing it at Mac now just because it's already full at York atm and I don't want to risk being wait listed and not getting in.

kaitotst - are you disagreeing and saying that his tests are unfair? I'm worried about his 50% exam haha seems like it will be extremely difficult
Old 04-23-2013 at 11:39 AM   #22
unspoken

Liked: 0 Times

how was he in the summer? what are tips for dealing with his class