MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone know about the nursing orientation? firenbell First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 09-07-2010 08:49 PM
Summer Orientation Days! FYEO First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 06-10-2010 01:41 PM
Orientation and mac ID ? =S WavesSea First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 06-25-2008 09:42 PM
Virgin Festival VS Orientation mizosoup General Discussion 21 06-20-2008 10:07 AM

Orientation

Old 07-02-2012 at 08:34 PM   #1
AnanC206
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

Orientation
Do our parents have to come with us to orientation? My parents are both working and can't come. Is that okay?
Old 07-02-2012 at 08:40 PM   #2
Atheist?

Liked: 31 Times

are you talking about frosh week?

For frosh week; its recommended that they dont
for any other things, such as summer at mac, or just straight up visiting mac then it wouldnt be required though your parents probably would want to

Just a tip: you will never need your parents for any university event (unless they signed some kind of agreement on your behalf or alongside you)
Old 07-02-2012 at 08:41 PM   #3
kirsten..!

Liked: 26 Times

nope they dont have to come ! you basically just go to little seminars that give you info about uni & you can explore the campus, it doesnt matter if you go by yourself or with friends or your parents or whatever!

AnanC206 says thanks to kirsten..! for this post.
Old 07-02-2012 at 08:43 PM   #4
AnanC206
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheist? View Post
are you talking about frosh week?

For frosh week; its recommended that they dont
for any other things, such as summer at mac, or just straight up visiting mac then it wouldnt be required though your parents probably would want to

Just a tip: you will never need your parents for any university event (unless they signed some kind of agreement on your behalf or alongside you)

oh lol! I was talking about the orientation over the next couple of days? Definitely not frosh week ! :p
Old 07-02-2012 at 10:23 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

I'm sure they don't HAVE to come, it would be silly to force parents to go to a university orientation.

But the schedule does have a "Parent Program", not sure what that entails though. http://studentsuccess.mcmast er.ca/...e_sop_2012.pdf
Old 07-02-2012 at 11:17 PM   #6
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

My mom wanted to come, but I don't remember my dad coming. Some people enjoy the company but bringing a friend would probably make it more interesting assuming they are going to Mac as well.
Old 07-03-2012 at 04:51 PM   #7
kimzy

Liked: 48 Times

They do not have to come but if they have problems with letting go of you then I suggest they come.
The parent program is a session designed to help parents to let go of their children. It also informs them about other things they may need to do in order for their child to be successful in university.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnanC206 View Post
Do our parents have to come with us to orientation? My parents are both working and can't come. Is that okay?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
I'm sure they don't HAVE to come, it would be silly to force parents to go to a university orientation.

But the schedule does have a "Parent Program", not sure what that entails though. http://studentsuccess.mcmast er.ca/...e_sop_2012.pdf
Old 07-05-2012 at 06:06 PM   #8
ashish_s

Liked: 0 Times

Also, do we have to bring anything to the event?
Old 07-05-2012 at 06:30 PM   #9
kimzy

Liked: 48 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish_s View Post
Also, do we have to bring anything to the event?
no you do not have to bring anything. Water bottle maybe.

ashish_s says thanks to kimzy for this post.