MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
does OSAP cover the cost of books? and Does osap cover off-campus residence cost? lalalola2011 Academics 6 09-08-2012 08:12 AM
does OSAP cover the cost of books? and Does osap cover off-campus residence cost? lalalola2011 Financial Aid 0 09-07-2012 10:33 PM
Do I include Mac Entrance Scholarship on my OSAP application? +MORE OSAP questions gabbynelly Financial Aid 2 06-28-2012 02:56 PM
osap osap jangj2 Financial Aid 1 09-12-2011 05:21 PM
OSAP and Flex OSAP Plan HELP! knguyens2 Financial Aid 4 08-23-2010 09:40 AM

Osap

Old 09-01-2014 at 06:28 PM   #1
marylou123

Liked: 0 Times

Osap
Hey there, I just have a question regarding osap, scholarships on the payment agreement. I have already checked and confirmed everything a while ago. I was just wondering though: does osap/scholarships automatically cover your tuition payment? As long as it is enough to cover my tuition, I should be fine right?
Old 09-01-2014 at 10:18 PM   #2
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

OSAP will estimate how much loan is needed according to the information you provided when you did the application. Depending on how much money you will get from OSAP or scholarship, it should be able to cover your tuition. If not, then it is your responsibility to pay the rest.
Old 09-02-2014 at 10:04 AM   #3
KAB:)

Liked: 11 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylou123 View Post
Hey there, I just have a question regarding osap, scholarships on the payment agreement. I have already checked and confirmed everything a while ago. I was just wondering though: does osap/scholarships automatically cover your tuition payment? As long as it is enough to cover my tuition, I should be fine right?
Not entirely sure whether you mean "will OSAP automatically pay my tuition for me?" or "am I automatically guaranteed enough OSAP to cover my tuition".

If the first, no OSAP will not automatically pay your tuition. The money will be deposited in the next week-ish (before september 15th) into your bank acount (you would have set this up when you dropped that MSSA form off at the post office when applying for OSAP) and it is your responsibility to log into MUGSI and pay it before September 15th.

If the second question, still no. OSAP is based on financial need and you would be responsible for covering any extra of your tuition if OSAP does not provide you enough money.
Old 09-02-2014 at 06:58 PM   #4
marylou123

Liked: 0 Times

Ohhhh okay! I just went on mugsi and it stated: It is the student’s responsibility to make a payment to McMaster University. Funding will go directly to your personal bank account. Good thing I asked and made sure. thanks!