MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Breaking Into Investment Banking IBanker Volunteering Opportunities 5 08-29-2010 01:34 PM
GO ID card information jhan523 MacInsiders Announcements 25 08-31-2009 09:20 PM
Helppp Pleasee!! Smeena Deol Academics 11 06-29-2009 10:05 PM
RBC banking machines love_saskuran General Discussion 9 09-04-2008 01:58 AM

OSAP Banking Information! HELPPP

Old 09-07-2008 at 11:54 AM   #1
Ruggedman

Liked: 0 Times

OSAP Banking Information! HELPPP
I have a few questions that need to be cleared up!!!!!

1) I read somewhere that OSAP was being released from September 2nd to September 5th only!!! I haven't picked it up yet because i thought they would be going to the 12th! Can some one help me out, what do i do now, do i not get this money? I coulda swore they were releasing OSAP till September 12th....

2) It says bring students own banking information....howeve r i have a void cheque from my father to put the money in there, is this allowed or does it have my very own banking information???

Someone please help me cuz im freaking out right now about this date to pick it up and wheather or not i can use my dads void cheque to put the money in there, i live too far from home to get another cheque...if i can get the money at all.
Old 09-07-2008 at 11:59 AM   #2
notarealuser

I'm not sure about the check, my guess is that it's allowed but that's just my guess. More importantly OSAP pick-up DOES continue after the fifth, so don't worry.
Old 09-07-2008 at 01:11 PM   #3
Abyss

Liked: 1 Time

They give you the option of OSAP directly depositing to McMaster; so that there is no fuss of transferring from your dad's account to your students account.
Old 09-07-2008 at 03:03 PM   #4
Ruggedman

Ok thanks...but i dont want to deposit it to McMaster right now, i want to buy my books and stuff with it, i want to use it for stuff other than tuition.

And where do i pick up OSAP, i thought it was Gilmour Hall but now apparently its MUSC?
Old 09-07-2008 at 03:08 PM   #5
Abyss

Liked: 1 Time

You could use your student card to buy books, so the OSAP is basically "paying" for the books on your student account. For me, I went to the Student Centre, 3rd floor. There are long lines, so prepare to wait.
Old 09-07-2008 at 06:17 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

I went sometime around noon and there was no line... although a few minutes later the line got really long...